Rossana Conti, Legal Director
Rossana specialises in corporate transactional work for a wide variety of domestic and international clients.
SummaryRossana is a corporate lawyer working on domestic and international deals for a wide variety of clients, including family offices and entrepreneurs. Her transactional works includes a broad range of corporate transactions, and Rossana has particular experience of advising on domestic and cross-border mergers & acquisitions and venture capital deals, often with a banking or financial technology element. Rossana also advises on domestic and cross-border growth debt deals and acts for Kreos Capital, the pioneer growth debt provider across the UK, Western Europe, Scandinavia and Israel. Rossana, a native Italian speaker, trained at a leading Italian law firm and qualified as an Advocate of the Milan Bar in 2004 before qualifying as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2007.
Rossana is admitted to practise in England and Wales and Italy.
- Advised long standing client, Kreos Capital, on its €21 million senior secured loan to Pharming Group NV (“Pharming”) and its subscription for €6 million subordinated redeemable convertible bond issued by Pharming. The transaction is part of a larger fundraising exercise carried out by Pharming to raise €104 million before costs (comprising of straight debt, convertible bonds and proceeds of rights issue) to, amongst others, acquire all commercialisation rights to its own product RUCONEST® in North America and to repay its existing debt facility.
- Advised R.J. O’Brien Europe Limited on its acquisition of The Kyte Group Limited, one of the largest derivatives clearing agents in Europe, for an undisclosed sum
- Acted for the shareholders of Gourmet Society Ltd and The Restaurant Choice Ltd on the sale of both companies to Didix BV, backed by Waterland Private Equity
- Acted for Citibank in connection with the sale of its Benelux and French Diners Club Card merchant acquiring businesses to Elavon
- Acted for the arranger of a Eurobond on the issuance of a multimillion Euro international bond traded on Euroclear
- Advised various Italian businesses and high net worth individuals in connection with their investments in the UK, and advised various non-Italian clients in relation to investment in Italy
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Kreos and SVB on £20m growth capital investment to Mereo BioPharma
We advised Kreos Capital and Silicon Valley Bank on the refinancing of £20 million growth capital investment to Mereo BioPharma Group
Kiadis Pharma secures €20 million debt financing facility from Kreos Capital
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Kreos Capital V Ltd on additional growth capital investment of €20 million in Kiadis Pharma NV
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Kreos Capital on €20 million growth capital facility in Medtech company
Charles Russell Speechlys have advised Kreos Capital on its additional growth capital facility of €20 million in Cellnovo Limited