Rossana Conti, Legal Director
Rossana specialises in corporate transactional work for a wide variety of domestic and international clients.
SummaryRossana is a corporate lawyer working on domestic and international deals for a wide variety of clients, including family offices and entrepreneurs. Her transactional works includes a broad range of corporate transactions, and Rossana has particular experience of advising on domestic and cross-border mergers & acquisitions and venture capital deals, often with a banking or financial technology element. Rossana also advises on domestic and cross-border growth debt deals and acts for Kreos Capital, the pioneer growth debt provider across the UK, Western Europe, Scandinavia and Israel. Rossana, a native Italian speaker, trained at a leading Italian law firm and qualified as an Advocate of the Milan Bar in 2004 before qualifying as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2007.
Rossana is admitted to practise in England and Wales and Italy.
- Advised long standing client, Kreos Capital, on its €21 million senior secured loan to Pharming Group NV (“Pharming”) and its subscription for €6 million subordinated redeemable convertible bond issued by Pharming. The transaction is part of a larger fundraising exercise carried out by Pharming to raise €104 million before costs (comprising of straight debt, convertible bonds and proceeds of rights issue) to, amongst others, acquire all commercialisation rights to its own product RUCONEST® in North America and to repay its existing debt facility.
- Advised R.J. O’Brien Europe Limited on its acquisition of The Kyte Group Limited, one of the largest derivatives clearing agents in Europe, for an undisclosed sum
- Acted for the shareholders of Gourmet Society Ltd and The Restaurant Choice Ltd on the sale of both companies to Didix BV, backed by Waterland Private Equity
- Acted for Citibank in connection with the sale of its Benelux and French Diners Club Card merchant acquiring businesses to Elavon
- Acted for the arranger of a Eurobond on the issuance of a multimillion Euro international bond traded on Euroclear
- Advised various Italian businesses and high net worth individuals in connection with their investments in the UK, and advised various non-Italian clients in relation to investment in Italy
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Kreos Capital on its €15 million growth capital investment
Kiadis Pharma is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company developing innovative products to make bone marrow transplantations safer.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Kreos Capital and Silicon Valley Bank on growth capital investment to Mereo BioPharma
Mereo BioPharma is a UK-based specialty bio-pharmaceutical company listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange.