Rossana Conti, Legal Director
Rossana specialises in corporate transactional work for a wide variety of domestic and international clients.
AboutRossana is a corporate lawyer working on domestic and international deals for a wide variety of clients, including family offices and entrepreneurs. Her transactional works includes a broad range of corporate transactions, and Rossana has particular experience of advising on domestic and cross-border mergers & acquisitions and venture capital deals, often with a banking or financial technology element. Rossana also advises on domestic and cross-border growth debt deals and acts for Kreos Capital, the pioneer growth debt provider across the UK, Western Europe, Scandinavia and Israel. Rossana, a native Italian speaker, trained at a leading Italian law firm and qualified as an Advocate of the Milan Bar in 2004 before qualifying as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2007.
Rossana is admitted to practise in England and Wales and Italy.
- Advised long standing client, Kreos Capital, on its €21 million senior secured loan to Pharming Group NV (“Pharming”) and its subscription for €6 million subordinated redeemable convertible bond issued by Pharming. The transaction is part of a larger fundraising exercise carried out by Pharming to raise €104 million before costs (comprising of straight debt, convertible bonds and proceeds of rights issue) to, amongst others, acquire all commercialisation rights to its own product RUCONEST® in North America and to repay its existing debt facility.
- Advised R.J. O’Brien Europe Limited on its acquisition of The Kyte Group Limited, one of the largest derivatives clearing agents in Europe, for an undisclosed sum
- Acted for the shareholders of Gourmet Society Ltd and The Restaurant Choice Ltd on the sale of both companies to Didix BV, backed by Waterland Private Equity
- Acted for Citibank in connection with the sale of its Benelux and French Diners Club Card merchant acquiring businesses to Elavon
- Acted for the arranger of a Eurobond on the issuance of a multimillion Euro international bond traded on Euroclear
- Advised various Italian businesses and high net worth individuals in connection with their investments in the UK, and advised various non-Italian clients in relation to investment in Italy
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Kreos on growth capital investment in JenaValve Technologies, Inc.
Charles Russell Speechlys advised Kreos on its growth capital investment in a biotech company, JenaValve Technologies, Inc.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Kreos Capital VI (UK) Ltd on growth capital investment in retail monitoring solution BeMyEye
Charles Russell Speechlys has advised Kreos Capital VI (UK) Limited on its €3 million growth capital investment in BeMyEye Holdings Limited.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Kreos and SVB on £20m growth capital investment to Mereo BioPharma
We advised Kreos Capital and Silicon Valley Bank on the refinancing of £20 million growth capital investment to Mereo BioPharma Group
Kiadis Pharma secures €20 million debt financing facility from Kreos Capital
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Kreos Capital V Ltd on additional growth capital investment of €20 million in Kiadis Pharma NV