Richard has more than 20 years of experience of handling complex, high-value international disputes, involving parties and laws from multiple jurisdictions in the international arbitration and investment treaty arenas.
Richard has advised clients in a number of complex, high-value arbitrations and has considerable experience of the major institutional rules such as ICC, LCIA, DIFC-LCIA/DIAC and SIAC. Richard also has significant recent experience of investment treaty matters, including at the annulment stage.
Richard has acted for commercial parties, high net worth individuals and state-owned entities across a myriad of sectors including Aerospace, Defense and Government, Banking and Finance, Energy and Natural Resources, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, and Transportation and Infrastructure.
He regularly speaks on arbitration topics and has done so around the globe, including in Japan, Uganda, India, the USA and the Middle East.
Richard Kiddell is admitted to practice in England & Wales
- Acting for the defendant in an expedited LCIA arbitration concerning a joint venture in the mining sector, including connected Russian, Cyprus and BVI proceedings and issues.
- Acting for a major international automotive company in an ICC arbitration against another international automotive company in relation to a US$4 billion joint venture dispute involving complex issues of English, Japanese and German law.
- Acting for a US company in a long running dispute with a Middle Eastern state entity arising out of a significant technology contract subject to an English law LCIA arbitration and involving a cross-jurisdictional team.
- Acting for the investor in long running ICSID proceedings arising out of the 1992 Cyprus-Greece BIT.
- Acting for the successful Defendants in various claims proceeding in various fora, including the English High Court and Court of Appeal, Royal Courts of Guernsey, and the BVI, Bahamas, Oregon, Sharjah and Pakistan courts, as well as related arbitration, arising out of the acquisition and aborted listing of a significant steel business operating in Ukraine, Russia and Hong Kong.