Rebecca Morjaria, Associate
Rebecca is experienced in both contentious and non-contentious work in respect of a large range of construction, infrastructure and regeneration projects.
Rebecca advises on a wide range of disputes including adjudication, mediation and litigation proceedings as well advising on projects prior to the crystallisation of a dispute. Rebecca also advises employers, contractors and sub-contractors on all forms of construction documentation including JCT, NEC and bespoke forms.
Rebecca is 3 years PQE and qualified to practice in England and Wales.
Rebecca’s recent experience includes:
- Representing a London developer in relation to a £ multimillion dispute in the TCC regarding purported defective works in a number of high-end residential properties
- Successfully advising a large Sub-Contractor in adjudication proceedings in relation to a final account dispute
- Representing a Housing Association in TCC proceedings in relation to multiple payment disputes and successfully negotiating a commercial settlement
- Advising Countryside Properties on its multi-use development at Fresh Wharf, Barking
- Acting for a large sub-contractor in a £ multimillion dispute in the TCC regarding the ambit of Interim Applications and Pay Less Notices under the 2011 JCT suite of Contracts and the HGCRA 1996
- Acting for a sub-contractor in adjudication proceedings concerning the interpretation of Paragraph 8(1) of the Scheme for Construction Contracts and successfully resisting enforcement proceedings of the adjudicator's decision
C&I Webinar and H&S Handout
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 sets out the overarching legal framework for health and safety legislation in the UK.
Construct.Law - Summer 2018
Welcome to our summer edition of Construct.Law bringing you legal and commercial insight into issues facing the construction industry.