Rebecca Burford, Partner
Rebecca is a corporate transactional specialist who advises on acquisitions, company sales, management buy-outs (“MBOs”), management buy-ins, private equity, mergers, joint ventures, reorganisations and restructuring.
Rebecca is a corporate transactional specialist who advises on acquisitions, company sales, management buy-outs (“MBOs”), management buy-ins, private equity, mergers, seed capital and growth capital investments, joint ventures, reorganisations and restructuring. Rebecca has also acted on a significant number of company sales and acquisitions, as well as acting for private equity houses, management teams on MBOs and high net worth individuals on their investments into private companies.
She has worked with clients in a broad range of sectors including technology, digital media and video gaming, manufacturing, insurance and telecommunications.
Rebecca was ranked as “Next Generation Partner” for Corporate in the South East in the Legal 500 directory in 2019, ranked “Next Generation Lawyer” for Corporate in the South East in the Legal 500 directory in 2017 and 2018, and ranked as “Associate to Watch” in Chambers and Partners directory 2018. Rebecca was shortlisted as Corporate Lawyer of the Year at the South East Insider Deal Maker Awards 2019, and led two private equity transactions (MBO of Trusted Housesitters backed by private equity firm, Rockpool Investments and the MBO of Xstrahl Group backed by private equity firm, Risk Capital), that were both shortlisted for Private Equity Deal of the Year at the South East Insider Deal Maker Awards 2019.
Rebecca is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising on the sale of Edgecase Games (the developer of Fractured Space) to Wargaming (the developer of World of Tanks)
- Advising the shareholders of a SaaS business to a large PE backed software company for $22m
- Advising Markerstudy on its £22m acquisition of the entire issued share capital of a pet insurance company and £20m acquisition of the entire issued share capital of a gadget and lifestyle insurance company
- Advising the shareholders on the £18m disposal of a medical equipment supplier
- Advising on the £11m MBO of Veritek Global
- Advising a private equity house on £10m investment to support the MBO of Intelligent Office, an outsourced services business
- Advising a private equity house on its £6m investment to support the MBO of Springboard Research, a retail intelligence business
- Advising on the sale of DCB Kent Limited to Bilby Plc for £4m
- Advising the management team on the MBO of Trusted Housesitters, supported by private equity firm, Rockpool Investments
- Advising on the MBO of Xstrahl Group, supported by private equity firm, Risk Capital
- Advising the management team on the MBO of River Marketing
- Advising BGF on its investment in Revital
- Acting for Real Experience Group on the acquisition of Experience English Limited
- Acting on the acquisition of British Study Centres School of English Limited
- Advising the sale of Gerald Simmonds Healthcare
- Advising on the sale of Alphr Technology
- Advising on the sale of LCS Switchgear
Charles Russell Speechlys acts for Cmostores Group Limited on its acquisition of JTM Plumbing Limited
CMO Group Plc, UK’s largest pureplay online retailer of building materials which recently listed on AIM.
The Business Magazine and The Surrey Chambers of Commerce report on the firm's involvement in the sale of Online Fuels Limited to DTN
The firm advised the shareholder management team on the sale of shares in Online Fuels to global data, analytics, and technology group, DTN.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Appital Ltd on £2.5m Investment led by Frontline Ventures
Appital is an Equity Capital Marketplace which aims to bring innovation to Equity Capital Markets.
The Business Magazine, Insider Media, Business South and The Surrey Chambers of Commerce report on the firm's involvement in Appital's £2.5m growth capital investment
The injection will accelerate the development of Appital’s technology infrastructure, integration with financial institutions.
"Game changing" for the beautiful game
Charles Russell Speechlys shortlisted for Best EIS/SEIS Legal/Regulatory Adviser at 2021 EISA Awards
The Awards denote excellence and recognise the achievements of EIS/SEIS practitioners over the past year.
Charles Russell Speechlys' Corporate team shortlisted for the 2021 South East Dealmakers Awards
Our Guildford team shortlisted at the Insider South East Dealmakers Awards 2021 for Corporate Law Firm of the Year.
Business South cover Charles Russell Speechlys involvement in advising Clean Beauty Co Ltd on its $7million Series A Funding Round
Charles Russell Speechlys acts for Veloce Esports on its collaboration with Lando Norris in establishing the Quadrant Esports Team.
Veloce Esports has become one of the leading esports organisations in the UK.
Rebecca Burford quoted by Asian Wealth Magazine on whether Covid-19 has been the idea generator that entrepreneurs have been looking for
Charles Russell Speechlys shortlisted for Best EIS/SEIS Legal/Regulatory Adviser at 2020 EISA Awards
The Awards recognise excellence among EIS and SEIS practitioners over the 2019/2020 tax year.
Rebecca Burford interviewed by BBC Radio Surrey on how SMEs can navigate the Covid-19 crisis
Rebecca Burford quoted by Verdict on start-up funding in light of the COVID-19 pandemic
COVID-19 update: Companies House filings
New regulations were launched on 26 June that will temporarily extend the various filing deadlines for companies.
The Future Fund: FAQs
We address some key FAQs for companies who are exploring whether the Future Fund is suitable for them.
Rebecca Burford writes for The Lawyer on her personal experiences of racism in law
Maintaining sales and (community) spirits
Government’s new "Bounce Back" Loan Scheme – will it bridge the diversity funding gap?
The Government announced a new measure to help small businesses “bounce back” from the Covid-19 crisis by accessing loans of up to £50,000.
Update: Companies House filings and COVID-19
Companies House introduce emergency filing service to help companies navigate COVID-19 impact.
The Future Fund – good news for growth companies?
The Treasury announced the ‘Future Fund’ to support companies who may not be eligible for funding under other COVID-19 Government schemes.