Raymond Kisswany, Senior Associate
Raymond Kisswany specialises in advising businesses on complex commercial disputes, usually multijurisdictional in nature, with a focus on international trade, logistics and transport.
SummaryRaymond Kisswany is a Senior Associate based in Dubai specialising in advising businesses on complex commercial disputes, usually multijurisdictional in nature, with a focus on international trade, logistics and transport. He has been instructed by clients in various industries, including trade financing institutions, insurance, maritime, aviation, oil and gas, infrastructure, mining, manufacturing, technology, hospitality and retail. Raymond’s specialism also includes advising on joint ventures, shareholder and distribution agreement related matters. He has extensive experience representing clients in international commercial arbitration as well as court litigation. He is fluent in Arabic.
Raymond is regularly featured in speaking engagements and publications discussing recent legal developments and their practical implications on various commercial sectors. In particular, he is the co-author of the UAE chapter for Shipping & International Trade Law as well as three chapter series for Getting the Deal Through, which are: Trade & Customs, Dispute Resolution and Complex Commercial Litigation.
Raymond is admitted to practice law in England and Wales as well as in New York.
He is registered with the Dubai Legal Affairs Department (DLAD), the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) Courts and the Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) Courts.
Raymond is admitted to the New York State Bar as well as the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, the US District Court for the Southern District of New York and the US District Court for the Eastern District of New York. He is also registered with the Dubai Legal Affairs Department and the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) Courts.
- DIFC-LCIA arbitration involving a multimillion dollar contractual dispute in regards to storing, handling and transporting a highly specialised petrochemical.
- DIAC arbitration in relation to a complex long term supply agreement for a major Dubai infrastructure project.
- LMAA arbitration in connection to charterparty disputes arising from Marine War Risks and Sanctions clauses.
- Advised a Korean conglomerate in UAE local court proceedings relating to a multimillion dollar international trade dispute against its GCC distributor.
- Instructed by a multinational technology manufacturer to advise it on its UAE distribution and importation arrangement; specifically, the multifaceted supply chain and logistics matters from free zones into the UAE or transhipped within the MENA region.
News & Insights
Getting the Deal Through: Complex Commercial Litigation
Jonathan Brown and Raymond Kisswany have contributed to Getting the Deal Through: Complex Commercial Litigation.