Raymond Kisswany, Senior Associate
Raymond Kisswany specialises in advising businesses on complex commercial disputes, usually multijurisdictional in nature, with a focus on international trade, logistics and transport.
AboutRaymond Kisswany is a Senior Associate based in Dubai and is fluent in Arabic.
Raymond specialises in advising businesses on complex commercial disputes, usually multijurisdictional in nature, with a focus on international trade, logistics and transport. He is instructed by clients in various industries. This includes trade financing institutions, insurance, maritime, aviation, oil and gas, infrastructure, mining, manufacturing, technology, hospitality and retail. Raymond regularly advises on joint ventures, shareholder and distribution agreement related matters. He has extensive experience representing clients before various international commercial arbitration fora as well as court litigation in several jurisdictions.
Raymond is regularly featured in speaking engagements and publications discussing recent legal developments and their practical implications on various commercial sectors. In particular, he is the co-author of the UAE chapter for Shipping & International Trade Law as well as a three chapter series for Getting the Deal Through, which are: Trade & Customs, Dispute Resolution and Complex Commercial Litigation.
Raymond is admitted to practice law in England and Wales and in New York. He is registered with the Dubai Legal Affairs Department (DLAD), the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) Courts and the Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) Courts.
- DIFC-LCIA arbitration involving a multimillion dollar contractual dispute in regards to storing, handling and transporting a highly specialised petrochemical.
- DIAC arbitration in relation to a complex long term supply agreement for a major Dubai infrastructure project.
- LMAA arbitration in connection with charterparty disputes arising from Marine War Risks and Sanctions clauses.
- Abu Dhabi Courts proceedings representing a Korean conglomerate relating to a multimillion dollar international trade dispute.
- Dubai Courts proceedings representing a multinational technology manufacturer in connection with a multifaceted dispute relating to its distribution and importation arrangement from free zones into the UAE or transhipped within the MENA region.
Getting the Deal Through: Complex Commercial Litigation
Jonathan Brown and Raymond Kisswany have contributed to Getting the Deal Through: Complex Commercial Litigation.