Rasmi Ragy, Senior Counsel
Rasmi specialises in high level complex disputes before the High Courts.
AboutRasmi specialises in all areas of dispute resolution and litigation with a particular emphasis on high level complex disputes before the High Courts. Rasmi is a Senior Counsel in the Dubai office. He was previously a Prosecutor in Egypt and has been practising in all areas of litigation for almost 40 years in the UAE, Kuwait and other GCC countries.
Rasmi is admitted to practise in Egypt.
- Advised a prominent master developer in Dubai against the main contractor in a joint venture agreement on the annulment proceedings before Dubai Courts of a DIAC arbitration award of 1.2 billion AED that was ratified before the DIFC Courts
- Advised and obtained a favourable final judgment for a UK commercial company against a Dubai registered company on the ratification and enforcement of an ICC arbitration 1 million USD award before the Local Federal Courts in UAE
- Advised a high net worth foreign investor against a prominent master developer in Dubai in a 60 million AED SPA and Development contracts disputes in one of the new prestigious residential villa projects in Dubai before the three degrees local courts in Dubai where the court terminated the contracts and ordered the refund the invested money due to the serious violations of the master developer in performing its obligations
- Advised and obtained a favourable final judgment for a foreign off shore investment company against a prominent master developer in Dubai for a 60 million AED SPA dispute in one of The World projects that included jurisdictional challenges due to the existence of an arbitration clause in the SPA
- Advised and obtained a favourable judgment on non-extradition for a European citizen residing in Dubai in a high complex extradition proceedings between a European country and UAE in the absence of an extradition treaty
In the Press
Rasmi Ragy quoted in Emarat Alyoum on the implications of COVID-19 on contracts in the UAE
Continue Readingabout Rasmi Ragy quoted in Emarat Alyoum on the implications of COVID-19 on contracts in the UAE
In the Press
Khaleej Times feature comments from Rasmi Ragy on changes to anti-narcotic laws in the United Arab Emirates
Continue Readingabout Khaleej Times feature comments from Rasmi Ragy on changes to anti-narcotic laws in the United Arab Emirates