Rachel Warren, Legal Director
Rachel specialises in healthcare and regulatory crime.
AboutRachel specialises in regulatory crime and acts for clients investigated or prosecuted by regulators such as the Health and Safety Executive, Environment Agency, Local Authorities and Trading Standards. She also has expertise in healthcare law. Her work in this area includes representing healthcare professionals who are subject to fitness to practise investigations and proceedings. Rachel also advises individuals and businesses in relation to the rules governing NHS market entry (including appeals to NHS Resolution), and the regulatory aspects of the sale and purchase of pharmacy businesses.
Other examples of her work include acting for companies and individuals in relation to inquests, judicial reviews, and criminal proceedings brought by the MHRA and NHS Protect.
Rachel is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for a construction company and its director at trial in the Crown Court. Both were prosecuted by the HSE for breaches of the CDM Regulations 2015 and other health and safety offences
- Acting for a construction company prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive as a result of a fall from height. One of the company’s workers had fallen from the first floor of a construction site to the ground; suffering serious injuries as a result
- Advising a luxury retailer following the imposition of a prohibition notice on a construction site
- Acting for a manufacturer in inquest proceedings following an electrocution in the workplace
- Advising Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd in connection with the sale of their pharmacies to Lloyds Pharmacy Limited (owned by Celesio AG) for the sum of £125 million
- Acting for a pharmacist under investigation by the police and NHS Protect for NHS fraud, and in relation to associated fitness to practise proceedings brought by both the General Pharmaceutical Council and NHS England
- Acting for a company investigated by the MHRA regarding medicines subject to abuse entering the black market