Rachel Walsh, Associate
Rachel advises individuals and corporate clients on a broad range of employment law issues, both contentious and non-contentious.
SummaryRachel advises individuals and corporate clients on a broad range of employment law issues, both contentious and non-contentious. She has experience of employment tribunal proceedings, including litigation involving claims of unfair dismissal and discrimination. Rachel works closely with HR teams to provide practical advice in dealing with employee grievances and disciplinary procedures, issues around managing sickness and capability, and handling dismissals and redundancy situations. She regularly gives training to HR professionals on key employment issues, notably through the firm’s Managing People seminar series.
Rachel is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Real insight into the practical and commercial pressures on in-house legal and HR teams after spending six months on secondment with the legal team of The Football Association, providing support on a wide range of commercial and employment issues.
- Advising a luxury retailer on changes to employee terms and conditions and managing flexible working requests.
- Working closely with the HR team of an American law firm to source legal advice from around Europe.
- Drafting and implementing suites of employment documents for various clients including a financial start-up and the UK subsidiary of large American manufacturer of children’s educational toys.
- Advising an AIM-listed energy company on a collective redundancy process.
- Managing the termination of employment of senior staff for a well-known sports team, including dealing with the sensitive issues of IP, confidentiality and non-competition clauses.
- Providing day-to-day advice on a raft of issues to a range of high-profile clients including a FTSE 100 retailer and an international publishing house