Peter is an Associate Solicitor in the Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency Team. Peter has experience advising insolvency practitioners, companies, directors and debtors on restructuring and recovery options. Peter deals with all aspects of personal and corporate insolvency, ranging from the preparation of pre and post-appointment documents to conducting investigations into the conduct of directors, including investigating and pursuing antecedent transactions.
- Acted for a director, in advising on and preparing notices (under Section 216 Insolvency Act 1986) to enable continued use of a trading name.
- Acted for administrator in relation to applications for extension of administration period.
- Acted for a creditors in relation to the service of statutory demands and the presentation of both bankruptcy and winding up petitions.
- Acted for debtors in respect of applications to set aside statutory demands and to restrain the presentation of bankruptcy petitions.
- Acted for a director in respect of a claim brought by the liquidator of a company for payments made to an Employee Benefits Trust Scheme.
- Acting for Trustees in Bankruptcy pursue applications for possession and sale in relation to the bankrupt’s “main residence” for the benefit of the bankrupt’s creditors.
- One of the team involved in the liquidation of Awal Bank in Bahrain, which has in excess of $2 billion of creditor claims.
- Assisting officer-holders with applications for Block Transfer Orders.
- Acting for officer-holders pursuing overdrawn directors loan accounts.