Peter is a barrister with experience of a wide range of civil and commercial disputes and sectors, including arbitration, banking and finance, company, employment, insurance, insolvency, media, real estate, technology and construction, and professional negligence.
In the Legal 500 (UAE Dispute Resolution: Arbitration and International Litigation), Peter was recommended as a ‘Rising Star’ in 2020, 2021 and 2022, and was described as “notable” in 2019. He was included in the inaugural Legal 500 Arbitration Powerlist Middle East (2022).
Peter is admitted to practise in England and Wales (barrister), Dubai International Financial Centre (Part 1 and Part 2 registered), and the Emirate of Dubai. He has appeared before the ADGM Court of First Instance and has rights of audience at the Astana International Financial Centre Court (2019).
- Acting for a prominent UAE family in litigation in the DIFC, UAE, and English Courts.
- Acting for the claimants in a multi-million dollar claim in the DIFC Courts arising from the misappropriation of bitcoin cryptocurrency.
- Acting in complex, multi-jurisdictional litigation for a prominent UAE insurer in the DIFC and Dubai Courts.
- Representing a family office in its winding-up in the ADGM.
- Representing the respondent UAE (DMCC) company in an ad hoc, Dubai-seated arbitration relating to specialist engineering equipment.
- Acting for a Russian SPV in an insurance dispute in the ADGM Courts.