Paul McCarthy, Senior Associate
Paul is experienced in both personal and corporate immigration law for individuals and businesses in all types of application to the Immigration authorities.
AboutPaul has over 7 years of experience working in both personal and corporate immigration law for individuals and businesses in all types of application to the Immigration authorities.
He is a specialist in complex immigration casework and has acted for numerous FTSE 100 companies and high net worth individuals in their immigration matters. Paul has also successfully represented clients in Administrative Review applications, at both the First and Upper Tier Tribunals (Immigration and Asylum Chamber), in the Administrative Court by way of Judicial Review and injunction proceedings and in the Court of Appeal (Civil Division). He has written articles and presented webinars on a number of immigration related topics and provided bespoke training to clients on all manner of corporate and personal immigration.
Paul is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Regularly undertakes employee ‘Brexit surgeries’ advising EU migrants in the UK on their rights following the EU referendum
- Advises and assists clients applying for Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visas
- Experience of successfully challenging refusals under the Administrative Review regime.
- Presented webinars on the right to rent scheme and changes to Tier 1 of the Points Based System
- Routinely advises clients on family immigration matters and how to naturalise as a British Citizen
Self-employed with a UK work visa during COVID-19 lockdown
How will COVID-19 affect self-employed UK work visa holders?
UK to end freedom of movement
Government proposal to end free movement for EU citizens on 31 October 2019 in the event of a No-Deal Brexit.