Paul Arathoon, Partner
Paul specialises in corporate finance, predominantly for public companies. His particular expertise includes IPOs, secondary issues and listed company boardroom and shareholder disputes.
SummaryPaul specialises in corporate finance, predominantly for public companies. He has a particular focus on the natural resource, financial services and technology sectors. Paul acts on capital market transactions for issuers and brokers on the Main Market and AIM, including debt and other non-equity capital issues. He also advises on public company takeovers both for bidders and targets and has a particular expertise in advising overseas companies on bids for UK companies subject to the Takeover Code. He also regularly provides governance and regulatory advice to listed companies, including in relation to the Market Abuse Regulation and on shareholder and boardroom disputes.
Paul is noted as a “next generation lawyer” in the Legal 500 2017 and 2018 editions for small and mid-cap flotations. He has also written for City AM and been quoted in the Financial Times.
He also acts for private companies on a range of matters including section 110 reorganisations, and shareholder/ board disputes. He is a member of the Quoted Companies Alliance Legal Experts Committee.
Paul is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for MayAir Group, the Malaysian clean-tech company on its admission to AIM in May 2015
- Acting for N+1 Singer as nominated adviser to Harwood Wealth Management Group plc’s AIM IPO in March 2016
- Representing Panagiotis Dimitropoulos, founder and Chief Executive Officer of InternetQ plc, on the recommended takeover offer for InternetQ by a consortium comprised of Mr Dimitropoulos, multi asset manager Toscafund Asset Management LLP and private equity house Penta Capital LLP valuing InternetQ at approximately £72 million
- Advising Walker Crips Group plc on the disposal of its asset management business to Liontrust Asset Management plc, which was a Class 1 and Related Party transaction under the Listing Rules
- Acting for Avation plc on various equity fundraising rounds by way of placings and open offers
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Taptica International Ltd on recommended all-share acquisition of AIM listed RhythmOne
Taptica is an AIM listed global advertising technologies platform provider.