Paul specialises in corporate finance, predominantly for public companies. He has a particular focus on the natural resource, financial services and technology sectors. Paul acts on capital market transactions for issuers and brokers on the Main Market and AIM, including debt and other non-equity capital issues. He also advises on public company takeovers both for bidders and targets and has a particular expertise in advising overseas companies on bids for UK companies subject to the Takeover Code. He also regularly provides governance and regulatory advice to listed companies, including in relation to the Market Abuse Regulation and on shareholder and boardroom disputes.
Paul has been named as a “next generation lawyer” in each edition of the Legal 500 since 2017 and as a “noted practitioner” for AIM transactions in Chambers & Partners 2021. In the 2023 edition of the Legal 500 he was named as a Leading Individual for small and mid-cap equity capital markets transactions.
He also acts for private companies on a range of matters including section shareholder/ board disputes. He is a member of the Quoted Companies Alliance Legal Experts Committee.
- Acting for CareTech Holdings plc on its £870m takeover by Amalfi Bidco Limited
- Acting for Cake Box on its admission to AIM
- Acting for Grant Thornton as nominated adviser and Mirabaud Securities as broker to Kropz plc’s AIM IPO
- Acting for Tremor International on its acquisition by way of scheme of arrangement of AIM listed RhythmOne plc and its subsequent acquisition of Unruly from News International
- Acting for Avation plc on various equity fundraising rounds by way of placings and open offers