Patrick covers a broad range of civil and commercial litigation, arbitration and mediation matters including shareholder and corporate governance disputes, personal and corporate insolvency, multi-jurisdictional fraud and asset tracing cases, claims for breach of contract and matters related to employment such as immigration issues, terminations, personal injuries and employees’ compensation. He has considerable experience in acting for defendants in a wide range of white-collar crime cases such as HKMA, ICAC and SFC investigations.
In addition, Patrick also advises extensively on matrimonial law and related matters, including complex and high-net-worth divorce cases. He has been recommended for private client and family related matters by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023.
Patrick also serves as legal counsel for Guangdong Province Law Society, Hong Kong Customs and Excise Customs Officer Grade Association, Association of Industries and Commerce of Yaumatei-Tsimshatsui-Mongkok, Hong Kong Cross-Straits Hakka Association, Young Innovative Entrepreneurs Association, Chinese Education, Culture and Economy Promotion Association (Hong Kong) Branch, Hong Kong Society for Travel Medicine, Alliance Forex Limited, Hong Kong Money Service Operators Association and Small and Medium Enterprises Association.
Patrick is admitted to practise in Hong Kong. He is fluent in English, Putonghua and Cantonese.
- Successfully assisted client to resolve the shareholder disputes
- Successfully in freezing and recovering USD1 million of an internet email fraud scam
- Successfully in freezing and recovering USD380,000 of a telephone fraud scam
- Successfully in obtaining mareva injunction to freeze USD2.2 million
- HKSAR v LG – charged with money laundering, HK$200 million, acquitted
- HKSAR vYLK – charged with money laundering, HK$100 million, acquitted