Patrick Chan, Resident Partner, Hong Kong
Patrick is an experienced litigation lawyer with a client base across Hong Kong, mainland China and other parts of Asia.
Patrick Chan came to the legal profession after enjoying a successful career as an engineer. His clients are owner managed businesses and wealthy individuals from Hong Kong, the mainland and other parts of Asia. He covers a broad range of civil and commercial litigation, arbitration and mediation matters including shareholder and corporate governance disputes, personal and corporate insolvency, multi-jurisdictional fraud and asset tracing cases, claims for breach of contract and matters related to employment such as immigration issues, terminations, personal injuries and employees’ compensation. He also has considerable experience in acting for defendants in a wide range of white-collar crime cases such as HKMA, ICAC and SFC investigations.
Many of Patrick's clients are from, or based in, mainland China and he is fluent in English, Putonghua and Cantonese.
- Successfully in freezing and recovering USD1 million of an internet email fraud scam
- Successfully in freezing and recovering USD380,000 of a telephone fraud scam
- Successfully in obtaining mareva injunction to freeze USD2.2 million
- HKSAR v LG – charged with money laundering, HK$200 million, acquitted
- HKSAR vYLK – charged with money laundering, HK$100 million, acquitted