Noel Wardle , Partner
Noel advises a wide range of healthcare clients, in particular pharmacists and dentists, on a wide range of matters, including fitness to practise proceedings and NHS regulation. He also has particular expertise advising clients in respect of regulatory crime investigations and prosecutions, including those brought by the Health and Safety Executive, Environment Agency and Local Authorities.
SummaryNoel advises a wide range of healthcare clients, in particular pharmacists and dentists, on matters which include disciplinary proceedings, judicial reviews, criminal investigations and prosecutions (including fraud), NHS England disputes and inquests. He has particular expertise advising pharmacists and pharmacy owners on the complex rules relating to NHS market entry and market exit, including conducting advocacy at NHS Litigation Authority appeal hearings. Noel also acts for clients in the pharmaceuticals industry, with particular expertise on "close to market" regulation. Noel has a particular experience advising clients operating online prescribing and medicines supply websites.
He is a guest lecturer for the law and ethics module at several UK Schools of Pharmacy.
Noel also has expertise advising clients in relation to regulatory investigations and prosecutions brought by the Health and Safety Executive, Local Authorities and the Environment Agency. He has many years of in-depth knowledge from representing parties in legal proceedings which may follow an incident, including in highly complex, long running multi-party prosecutions.
Noel is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advised a pharmacy organisation on its response to a Government consultation on proposed changes to allow hub and spoke dispensing.
- Represented a pharmacist at a GPhC fitness to practise hearing which was dismissed by the Committee at the end of hearing the Council’s case on the grounds that the Council’s witnesses had misled the Committee and fabricated evidence.
- Acted for a construction company being prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive for breaches of the Asbestos Regulations which exposed workers to asbestos fibres.
- Successful application for a new pharmacy contract in relation to a housing development in Gloucestershire. The application had strong local support which we were able to evidence, but was opposed by local pharmacy owners and dispensing doctors. Part of the argument put forward by interested parties included a legal technicality that would have forced the NHS to refuse the new pharmacy application, which we successfully defended.
- Represented a manufacturing client in respect of inquest proceedings following a fatal electrocution in the workplace.
News & Insights
Noel Wardle quoted in The Pharmaceutical Journal on a new 'hub-and-spoke' dispensing model consultation
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Morgan family and trustees on sale of Morgan Motor Company to Investindustrial
The Morgan Motor Group brand is a symbol of quintessential British craftsmanship, elegance, performance and design.