Noel Wardle, Partner
Noel advises a wide range of healthcare clients, in particular pharmacists and dentists, on a wide range of matters, including fitness to practise proceedings and NHS regulation. He also has particular expertise advising clients in respect of regulatory crime investigations and prosecutions, including those brought by the Health and Safety Executive, Environment Agency and Local Authorities.
AboutNoel advises a wide range of healthcare clients, in particular pharmacists and dentists, on matters which include disciplinary proceedings, judicial reviews, criminal investigations and prosecutions (including fraud), NHS England disputes and inquests. He has particular expertise advising pharmacists and pharmacy owners on the complex rules relating to NHS market entry and market exit, including conducting advocacy at NHS Litigation Authority appeal hearings. Noel also acts for clients in the pharmaceuticals industry, with particular expertise on "close to market" regulation. Noel has a particular experience advising clients operating online prescribing and medicines supply websites.
He is a guest lecturer for the law and ethics module at several UK Schools of Pharmacy.
Noel also has expertise advising clients in relation to regulatory investigations and prosecutions brought by the Health and Safety Executive, Local Authorities and the Environment Agency. He has many years of in-depth knowledge from representing parties in legal proceedings which may follow an incident, including in highly complex, long running multi-party prosecutions.
Noel is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advised a pharmacy organisation on its response to a Government consultation on proposed changes to allow hub and spoke dispensing.
- Represented a pharmacist at a GPhC fitness to practise hearing which was dismissed by the Committee at the end of hearing the Council’s case on the grounds that the Council’s witnesses had misled the Committee and fabricated evidence.
- Acted for a construction company being prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive for breaches of the Asbestos Regulations which exposed workers to asbestos fibres.
- Successful application for a new pharmacy contract in relation to a housing development in Gloucestershire. The application had strong local support which we were able to evidence, but was opposed by local pharmacy owners and dispensing doctors. Part of the argument put forward by interested parties included a legal technicality that would have forced the NHS to refuse the new pharmacy application, which we successfully defended.
- Represented a manufacturing client in respect of inquest proceedings following a fatal electrocution in the workplace.
Pharmacy Brief - March 2021
The March edition of our Pharmacy Brief
Noel Wardle quoted by Chemist and Druggist on the issues that need to be considered before pharmacies adopt a hub-and-spoke dispensing model
Under current legislation, the hub-and-spoke model can be carried out by pharmacies owned by the same legal entity.
Noel Wardle writes for Chemist and Druggist on whether pharmacy professionals can be sued for COVID vaccine negligence
Pharmacy Brief - December 2020
The December edition of our Pharmacy Brief
Noel Wardle writes for Chemist and Druggist on how pharmacists can supply the COVID-19 vaccine lawfully
Pharmacy Brief - September 2020
The September edition of our Pharmacy Brief
Workplace Re-occupancy – What you need to know
What are the opportunities and issues about returning to the workplace?
Construct.Law - Summer 2020
Welcome to our summer edition of Construct.Law bringing your legal and commercial insight into issues facing the construction industry.
Noel Wardle writes for P3 Pharmacy on the risks of using volunteers to deliver medicines
Noel Wardle and Peter Byrd write for Chemist and Druggist on the possible next steps for Amazon Pharmacy
C&I Webinar and H&S Handout
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 sets out the overarching legal framework for health and safety legislation in the UK.
Pharmacy Brief - June 2020
The June edition of our Pharmacy Brief
The Score: Public Health – Resumption of Sport
Discussing the importance of public health and what measures sport organisations will have to implement for the resumption of sport
Fitness to Practise hearings under lockdown
Noel outlines his experiences with Fitness to Practise hearings whilst under lockdown.
Noel Wardle quoted in The Pharmacist on the risk involved in medicine delivery by volunteers
Noel Wardle quoted by Pharmacy Network News on the implications of Covid-19 on pharmacies
Pharmacy Brief - March 2020
Welcome to the March 2020 edition of the Pharmacy Brief.
Noel Wardle provides advice to pharmacists in Chemist&Druggist on how to manage unfair trading practices
Noel Wardle writes for Chemist and Druggist on the FSA's new approach to CBD products
Noel Wardle writes for Chemist and Druggist on CPCS pitfalls