Nicola Baird, Associate
SummaryNicola specialises in corporate transactional work for public and private companies, with a focus on Private Equity transactions Her experience includes advising on all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, private equity, growth companies, joint ventures and corporate reorganisations.
Nicola is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising IDG Capital Partners on its investment into a US $110 million Series F round fundraising for online luxury fashion retailer Farfetch
- Acting for Elysian Capital LLP on its management buyout of Raymond Brown Minerals and Recycling Limited, a leading regional integrated aggregates and recycling business operating across Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire and Oxfordshire.
- Acting for Exponent Private Equity LLP on its multi-jurisdictional acquisition of the ‘Big Bus’ tour company, the leading global provider of sightseeing bus tours, with operations in 16 cities across the world including London, Paris, New York, Washington, San Francisco, Dubai, Hong Kong, and Istanbul
- Working with August Private Equity LLP on the corporate restructure and subsequent acquisition of LM Funerals to a consortium of private equity investors led by Duke Street Capital for £37.5m. At the time of the acquisition, LM Funerals was the third largest funeral company in Britain, with more than 60 branches - mainly in the Midlands and the south-east of England
- Instructed by Vision Capital Partners to assist with its disposal of the Fletchers group of bakeries (a UK-based supplier of fresh and frozen bakery supplies) to Finsbury Food Group PLC for £56 million
- Advising Oakhill Capital Management LLC on its joint acquisition with Scottish Equity Partners LLP of the Pulsant Group (a leading provider of managed, hosted datacentre and IT infrastructure services) for £200m from Bridgepoint Development Capital.
- Instructed by Darwin Private Equity to advise on its £21.5m buy-out and refinancing of ASK4 Limited, a leading provider of telecommunications services to student accommodation and multi-tenant buildings
- Acted for Management team of Spark Energy Limited on its sale to a London based private equity firm
- Advised the management team of Photobox Limited with the sale of their stake in the business to Exponent Private Equity and Electra Partners for £400m. The Photobox Group, Europe's leading digital consumer service for personalised products and gifts and parent of the PhotoBox, Moonpig, PaperShaker, Sticky9, Hofmann, Posterjack and posterXXL brands
- Advising the management team of Acenden Limited (previously part of Lehman Brothers and known as Capstone), which has more than 64,000 loans under management worth £5.4bn, on their MBO to Blackstone and TPG.
- Advised Zensar Technologies, a leading digital solutions and technology services company, backed by RPG Group, one of India’s largest industrial conglomerates and Apax Partners, the private equity investment group, on its acquisition of Foolproof Limited
- Advised Slate & Gordon on its £657m acquisition of the UK professional services arm of the Quidell Group from Quindell Plc
- Acting for Omnicom in connection with its acquisition of the Planning Shop International Limited