Nicola Baird, Associate
Nicola specialises in venture capital and private equity investment work for a variety of high net worth individuals, institutional investors and management teams.
SummaryNicola works with growth companies and the investor community, advising a variety of high net worth individuals, institutional investors and management teams. She also has experience with working with public companies. Her expertise includes advising on all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, private equity, joint ventures and corporate reorganisations.
Nicola is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising IDG Capital Partners on its investment into a US $110 million Series F round fundraising for online luxury fashion retailer Farfetch
- Acting for Elysian Capital LLP on its management buyout of Raymond Brown Minerals and Recycling Limited, a leading regional integrated aggregates and recycling business operating across Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire and Oxfordshire
- Advised Zensar Technologies, a leading digital solutions and technology services company, backed by RPG Group, one of India’s largest industrial conglomerates and Apax Partners, the private equity investment group, on its acquisition of Foolproof Limited
- Acting for Exponent Private Equity LLP on its multi-jurisdictional acquisition of the ‘Big Bus’ tour company, the leading global provider of sightseeing bus tours, with operations in 16 cities across the world including London, Paris, New York, Washington, San Francisco, Dubai, Hong Kong, and Istanbul.
- Advised the management team of Photobox Limited with the sale of their stake in the business to Exponent Private Equity and Electra Partners for £400m. The Photobox Group, Europe's leading digital consumer service for personalised products and gifts and parent of the PhotoBox, Moonpig, PaperShaker, Sticky9, Hofmann, Posterjack and posterXXL brands
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys advises FPE Capital on the acquisition of IWSR
IWSR is the leading supplier of data and market intelligence on alcoholic drinks markets worldwide.
Charles Russell Speechlys team advises client IFS on mplsystems acquisition
Charles Russell Speechlys team advises applications company on dual acquisition of IT solutions company and implementation specialist.