Natalie Johnston, Knowledge Development Lawyer
Natalie provides support to the Property Litigation team through training, bulletins and legal resources to enable to team to stay at the cutting edge of legal developments.
SummaryNatalie Johnston is the Knowledge Development Lawyer for the Property Litigation Team providing a full range of knowledge support services to enable the team to stay fully up to date with legal developments so they can focus on providing efficient and effective legal and commercial advice to clients.
Natalie qualified in 2001 and has extensive experience of Property Litigation working for retailers, developers, institutional landlords and individuals. Natalie has experience of resolving disputes using the Courts and Tribunals as well as alternative dispute resolution to ensure a successful and cost effective outcome. Natalie is a member of the Law Reform Committee of the Property Litigation Association.
Natalie is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Siemens v Friends Life - Acting for the Landlord in a case on break notices that went to the Court of Appeal
- Mourant Property Trust Limited v Fusion Electric (UK) Limited - Acting for the Landlord in a case on material compliance with conditions attached to a break clause
- Acting for two national retailers and a bank as ratepayers in a Business Rates dispute worth several million at the Valuation Tribunal
- Acting for a developer of a residential site in an application to modify Restrictive Covenants at the Upper Tribunal and defending injunction proceedings
- Advising an institutional landlord of a Central London estate on vacant possession strategies to enable a development on a landmark retail street. Implementing the strategy including disputed Business Lease Renewals applications to enable development
News & Insights
Everything your business needs to know about business rates
We set out some of the highlights that will help you make decisions for your properties.