Mike Scott, Consultant
Mike has considerable experience in dealing with all issues surrounding charitable and other not-for-profit organisations.
Mike is a company commercial lawyer who has specialised for many years in the not-for-profit sector. He has advised many companies limited by guarantee, charitable incorporated organisations, chartered bodies, trusts and associations on formation, restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and related transactions, and governance and regulatory issues. Clients include well known military charities, museums, professional bodies, livery companies and independent schools, as well as political and environmental think tanks and religious organisations. Mike has also advised many substantial commercial entities on structuring their involvement with the charity sector, whether as commercial participators, donors, sponsors or social investors.
- Obtained Royal Charters for the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund and The Royal Star and Garter Home , and amendments to the charters of the Royal College of Nursing of the United Kingdom, The British Computer Society, the RNLI, among many others
- Advised on the merger of a large number of Naval charities to form The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity and the National Museum of the Royal Navy, and the acquisition of important assets including HMS Victory
- Advised the above and others such as The Royal Albert Hall, Marie Curie and The Consumers’ Association on constitutional matters
- Advised the Football Association and other sports governing bodies on corporate governance and restructuring
- Incorporated many well known independent schools