Michael Jones, Partner
Michael is a pensions specialist with expertise in advising companies and trustees on all legal aspects of employer sponsored pension schemes.
SummaryMichael is a pensions specialist with over 15 years expertise in advising companies and trustees on all legal aspects of employer sponsored pension schemes. Michael has particular market expertise in advising charities and not for profit entities and in public sector outsourcing. The scope of his advice includes amending and winding up schemes, scheme interpretation issues, scheme mergers, sales and acquisition issues, buy-ins and buy-outs, surplus and deficit issues, complaints to the Pensions Ombudsman and scheme funding discussions.
Michael is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advised a major US entity on the £600m buy-out of it UK pension scheme
- Advised a party in the Pensions Action Group resulting in a change in legislation regarding FAS entry and benefit levels.
- Advised charity on its solvency in light of ongoing pension liabilities
- Advised on closure to future accrual of a household named employer’s pension plan
- Advised the non-UK employer in respect to transferring the liabilities of its pension schemes into its retained business
News & Insights
Brexit: Implications for Employers - Pensions
The UK voted to leave the European Union in a country-wide referendum on 23 June 2016.