Matthew provides advice to offshore, onshore and multi-jurisdictional individuals, families, trustees and beneficiaries regarding taxation, trust and estate planning matters. He is familiar with devising and coordinating tax and estate planning across a number of jurisdictions and in particular specialises in tax and estate planning where there is a US element. He also has expertise in advising on the UK tax treatment of foreign entities including foundations and trusts and UK residential property holding structures.
Matthew is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising a non-UK domiciled family on international succession laws applicable to their global assets.
- Reviewing and restructuring UK residential property holding structures.
- Advising non-UK trustees on the validity of trusts and delegation of their investment duties.
- Advising a non-UK domiciled family on pre-immigration tax planning, including the application of the statutory residence test.
- Advising UK resident non-UK domiciled individuals on the remittance basis of taxation.