Matt is a Senior Associate in the Firm's corporate team. Matt's experience encompasses a broad range of corporate transactional and advisory matters including private M&A, corporate restructurings and reorganisations, fundraising including PE and VC investments and matters of general corporate governance.
Whilst Matt acts for a broad range of clients across various sectors he has a particular focus on clients operating in the private equity and impact investing spaces. He has a strong track record of advising on complex cross-border matters, including acting as lead counsel on multi-jurisdictional transactions.
Matt is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
Some recent deal highlights include:
- Acting for AgDevCo, a UK impact investor which invests in agricultural businesses operating in Sub-Saharan Africa, on various matters including:
- A $70m equity fundraising round involving investment by British International Investment (formerly CDC Group) and Norfund;
- An investment in East African Magical Farms Group, a leading premium carnations producer operating in Kenya and Ethiopia;
- A $14m investment in Flow Equity, a high-impact poultry business operating in Ethiopia, Rwanda and Uganda.
- Acting for Battery Ventures, a Boston-headquartered PE fund, on the disposal of the SPT Labtech group of companies to EQT for £650m.
- Advising the shareholders of Plumbworld on the sale of the company to Highbourne Group, a leading specialist distributor of plumbing, heating and bathroom products which is backed by HIG Capital.