Mark Smith, Senior Counsel
Mark has particular expertise in investment and occupational property transactions, with a focus on the healthcare and data centre markets.
Mark has particular expertise in investment acquisitions and disposals and occupational property transactions, notably HQ relocations, and major sale and leaseback portfolios. Mark also specialises in advising clients in the healthcare market, in the data centre sector, and in the private wealth arena. Mark is on the committee of the Federation of Corporate Real Estate, and is a member of the Family Office Real Estate Advisers, and is co-author of “The New Real” evidence-based research report on the gains and challenges of the smart built environment.
Mark is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising a private investor on its disposal of 5 Chancery Lane, London to Singaporean investors, for £76 million
- Acting on the acquisition of a major newly-developed City of London office and retail building for an overseas investor
- Acting as the lead real estate partner on Caring Homes Group’s £300 million sale and leaseback of 44 care homes to US REIT Griffin-American Healthcare
- Leading the real estate elements of the sale of Zenium and its subsidiaries to CyrusOne Inc. Zenium is a leading hyperscale data centre provider in Europe, with two properties in London and two in Frankfurt - the continent’s two largest data centre markets
- Acting for Rathbone Brothers plc on their relocation from Curzon Street in London’s West End to 8 Finsbury Circus in the City of London.
Fiona Edmond and Mark Smith write for Property Week on data centres as an infrastructure asset class
The complexity of operational issues is something those new to the sector may not anticipate and interest is likely to increase.
Healthcare team advises Country Court Care on £57m sale of three care homes
Country Court Care Group Ltd has been active almost 35 years as a nursing and care home operator.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on sale of the Zenium Group to CyrusOne
Zenium is a leading hyperscale data center provider in Europe.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Country Court Care on refinancing
Country Court’s portfolio currently comprises 30 freehold care homes, with seven opened over the past two years.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on prestigious Chancery Lane office sale
Charles Russell Speechlys has advised a private investor on its disposal of 5 Chancery Lane, London.