Mark Howard, Partner
Mark is the joint head of our Technology, Media and Telecommunications sector. He is a corporate transactional specialist with considerable experience in a broad range of deals and advisory work.
SummaryMark is the joint head of our Technology, Media and Telecommunications sector. He is a corporate transactional specialist with considerable experience in a broad range of deals and advisory work. In particular, Mark advises on private and public M&A, primary and secondary listings on AIM and the Main Market, VC/PE investments, joint ventures, restructurings and corporate governance matters. Mark's clients range from early stage growth companies to listed public companies, as well as nomads and brokers. He is regular seminar speaker on matters of corporate law and practice and the editor of our Public Company Update.
Mark is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising the shareholders of iconic British sports car manufacturer Morgan Motor Company Limited on the sale of a majority stake in the company to Investindustrial, a leading European investment group
- Advising the founders of multi-award winning provider of voice communication, data, hosting and cyber security, Charterhouse Voice & Data Plc, on a strategic investment by August Equity LLP
- Advising the founders of Microsoft 2018 Worldwide Partner of the Year, Content and Code, on the sale of the business to technology services and solution provider IT Lab
- Advising IFS, the global enterprise applications company, on the acquisitions of mlpsystems, a provider of omni-channel contact centre and customer engagement software, Field Service Management Limited and 360 Scheduling Limited, one of the world’s leading providers of mobile workforce scheduling and optimisation software
- Advising awarding-winning IT support and technology services provider, IT Lab, on several transactions including the acquisitions of JMC IT, Green Fields Technology and Perspective Risk
- Advising Panagiotis Dimitropoulos, founder and CEO of InternetQ plc, on the £72 million recommended takeover offer for InternetQ plc by a consortium comprised of Mr Dimitropoulos, multi asset manager Toscafund Asset Management LLP and private equity house Penta Capital LLP
- Advising the senior management of TTT Moneycorp in relation to the £212 million acquisition of TTT Moneycorp by private equity house Bridgepoint from RBS Special Opportunities Fund
- Advising fastjet plc, the low cost African airline, on a number of fundraisings including its placing, subscription, open offer and balance sheet restructuring to issue equity with a total value of US$40.7m which completed in December 2018
- Advising NASDAQ listed Advanced Energy Industries Inc., a global leader in innovative power and control technologies used in thin-film plasma manufacturing processes and solar energy generation, on its acquisition of HiTek Power Group
- Advising long standing client, Europa Oil & Gas (Holdings) plc, the AIM listed U.K. and Ireland focused oil and gas company, on a range of fundraising and corporate matters including its most recent fundraising announced in December 2018
- Advising long standing client, Transense Technologies plc, the AIM listed technology company that develops sensor systems for the automotive and industrial markets, on a number of secondary fundraisings including its most recent fundraising announced in February 2019
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys advises 1Spatial plc on strategic acquisition of GEOMAP-IMAGIS and partnership with Esri
1Spatial plc is a leading provider of global geospatial software and solutions.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on two Capital Markets deals announced in two days
The team advised Transense Technologies Plc, and joint brokers WH Ireland, Canaccord Genuity and First Energy Capital.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Morgan family and trustees on sale of Morgan Motor Company to Investindustrial
The Morgan Motor Group brand is a symbol of quintessential British craftsmanship, elegance, performance and design.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises fastjet on placing, subscription, open offer & balance sheet restructuring
Charles Russell Speechlys advise fastjet plc, on its placing, subscription, open offer and balance sheet restructuring to issue equity