Mark Howard, Partner
Mark is the joint head of our Technology, Media and Telecommunications sector. He is a corporate transactional specialist with considerable experience in a broad range of deals and advisory work.
Mark is the joint head of our Technology, Media and Telecommunications sector. He is a corporate transactional specialist with considerable experience in a broad range of deals and advisory work. In particular, Mark advises on private and public M&A, primary and secondary listings on AIM and the Main Market, VC/PE investments, joint ventures, restructurings and corporate governance matters. Mark's clients range from early stage growth companies to listed public companies, as well as nomads and brokers. He is regular seminar speaker on matters of corporate law and practice and the editor of our Public Company Update. Mark is ranked as a Leading Individual in Chambers & Partners for Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market.
Mark is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising awarding-winning IT support and technology services provider, Content+Cloud, on a number of transactions including the acquisitions of Sol-Tec Ltd, Mirus IT, Perspective Risk, Green Fields Technology and JMC IT
- Advising long standing main market listed client, discoverIE, on its acquisition of Xi-Tech Limited and its wholly-owned subsidiary Sens-Tech Limited for an initial cash consideration of £58m on a debt free, cash free basis with further contingent cash consideration of up to £12m
- Advising managed services provider, Acora, on its investment round with Palatine Private Equity LLP. Acora delivers a wide range of industry leading 24/7 IT infrastructure, cloud and helpdesk services, working primarily with UK-headquartered global mid-market companies
- Advising the shareholders of Veriton Pharma on its sale to SERB Specialty Pharmaceuticals, a European specialty pharma business backed by Charterhouse Capital Partners
- Advising the Juno Health pharmacy group on its acquisition (by way of a scheme of arrangement) of the entire issued share capital of Avicenna Holdings Ltd, which comprises of 21 pharmacies, as well as Avicenna’s buying group operations and serving more than 1,000 pharmacies
- Advising the shareholders of iconic British sports car manufacturer Morgan Motor Company Limited on the sale of a majority stake in the company to Investindustrial, a leading European investment group
- Advising the founders of multi-award winning provider of voice communication, data, hosting and cyber security, Charterhouse Voice & Data Plc, on a strategic investment by August Equity LLP
- Advising IFS, the global enterprise applications company, on the acquisitions of mlpsystems, a provider of omni-channel contact centre and customer engagement software, Field Service Management Limited and 360 Scheduling Limited, one of the world’s leading providers of mobile workforce scheduling and optimisation software
- Advising Panagiotis Dimitropoulos, founder and CEO of InternetQ plc, on the £72 million recommended takeover offer for InternetQ plc by a consortium comprised of Mr Dimitropoulos, multi asset manager Toscafund Asset Management LLP and private equity house Penta Capital LLP
- Advising the senior management of TTT Moneycorp in relation to the £212 million acquisition of TTT Moneycorp by private equity house Bridgepoint from RBS Special Opportunities Fund
- Advising fastjet plc, the low cost African airline, on a number of fundraisings including its placing, subscription, open offer and balance sheet restructuring to issue equity with a total value of US$40.7m which completed in December 2018
- Advising NASDAQ listed Advanced Energy Industries Inc., a global leader in innovative power and control technologies used in thin-film plasma manufacturing processes and solar energy generation, on its acquisition of HiTek Power Group
- Advising long standing client, Europa Oil & Gas (Holdings) plc, the AIM listed U.K. and Ireland focused oil and gas company, on a range of fundraising and corporate matters including its most recent fundraising announced in December 2018
- Advising long standing client, Transense Technologies plc, the AIM listed technology company that develops sensor systems for the automotive and industrial markets, on a number of fundraisings and corporate matters including its most recent fundraising announced in February 2019 and on its iTrack technology transaction with Bridgestone Corporation
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Content+Cloud on acquisition of Sipcom
The acquisition establishes Content+Cloud as a global service provider to UK businesses.
Public Company Update - November 2020
The November 2020 edition of our biannual Public Company Update.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Transense Technologies Plc on iTrack technology transaction with Bridgestone Corporation
Transense Technologies Plc, the provider of sensor systems for the industrial, mining and transportation markets.
Charles Russell Speechlys advise the shareholders of Veriton Pharma on its sale to SERB
We advised the shareholders of a private pharmaceutical company on its sale to SERB Specialty Pharmaceuticals.
Public Company update - May 2020
The May 2020 edition of our biannual Public Company Update.
We set out some key points of practice for advisers responsible for handling the FCA’s and LSE’s completion processes.
Strike off applications
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Content+Cloud on the acquisition of Sol-Tec Ltd
Charles Russell Speechlys advised Content+Cloud on the acquisition of Sol-Tec Ltd which is part of IT Lab’s “buy and build” strategy.
Business and Innovation Magazine feature Charles Russell Speechlys' role in Palatine Private Equity LLP's investment in Acora
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Acora on its investment round with Palatine Private Equity
Charles Russell Speechlys advised industry leading IT service provider, Acora, on its investment round with Palatine Private Equity LLP.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises shareholders of MMRIT on the sale to TiG Data Intelligence
Charles Russell Speechlys advised a professional IT services provider, MMIRIT on the sale of the company to TIGL Holdings Limited.
TMT Connect Newsletter - January 2020
Welcome to the January edition of our TMT Connect Newsletter.
Public Company Update: November 2019
The November 2019 edition of our biannual Public Company Update.
Points of practice: placings, acquisitions and MAR
This article looks at some important MAR related points when you are looking to fund an acquisition using proceeds from a placing.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises discoverIE Group plc on its acquisition of Sens-Tech Limited
Charles Russell Speechlys advised long standing client, discoverIE on its acquisition of Xi-Tech Ltd and its subsidiary Sens-Tech Ltd.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Juno Health pharmacy group on its acquisition of the Avicenna Pharmacy group
Juno Health further establishes its position as one of the largest pharmacy chains in the Northeast of England.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Content+Cloud on the acquisition of Mirus IT
Charles Russell Speechlys advised Content+Cloud on the acquisition of Milton Keynes based managed services provider Mirus IT.
TMT Connect Newsletter - July 2019
Welcome to the latest edition of our TMT Connect Newsletter.
Tech M&A Forum & TMT M&A Forum - May 2019
A summary of the key themes discussed at the TMT M&A Forum 2019 and Tech M&A Forum 2019.
Public Company Update: May 2019
The May 2019 edition of our biannual Public Company Update.