Mark Harvey, Consultant
Mark is a senior charity law specialist with extensive experience gained in both in-house and private practice.
SummaryMark is a senior charity law specialist with extensive experience gained in both in-house and private practice. He advises on all aspects of charity law and governance, including legal structures, mergers, commercial arrangements, charity trading, IP, trademarks and all areas of corporate governance and training. Mark has worked for a number of major international charities including, Oxfam, Age UK, Kew Foundation and WWF UK.
Mark was the Vice Chair of the Charity Law Association for six years and is trustee of a London older people charity. He has also been a visiting lecturer in Charity Law at London South Bank University.
Mark is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Coordinated the merger of Help the Aged and Age Concern, to create Age UK
- Worked on a project to integrate affiliates in a number of countries for Oxfam International
- Advising on numerous aspects of the business including IT contracts, corporate and commercial relationships, fundraising and governance for WWF UK
- Advised on five mergers for Jewish Care
- Advised numerous charities on governance and risk policies
- Extensive experience in advising and training trustees and trustee boards