Manoj specialises in handling complex and high value disputes, often with an international element and usually involving insurance.
He has led and managed teams of lawyers from various countries on complex multi-party and multi-jurisdictional disputes arising out of Business Interruption Insurance, Bermuda Form Insurance, Clinical Trials, Cyber Liability, Professional Liability, Management Liability, D&O, Commercial Crime, Trade Credit and Product Recall.
Manoj specialises in shareholder disputes, with a particular focus on unfair prejudice petitions and derivative actions.
He is a specialist on product safety has worked with a consortium of leading academics and research scientists on the GUIDEnano project for the European Union investigating the safety aspects of nanotechnology.
- Coverage and/or defence counsel for Hedge Fund and other Investment Fund entities and their Directors in litigation in Denmark, Italy, Gibraltar, Mauritius and the UK.
- Defending a Director of an Oil Trading company in a multi-defendant US $400 million dispute concerning an alleged fraud relating to West African oil trades, involving separate litigation in England, Singapore, Switzerland and the Lebanon.
- Advising on claims brought under Financial Institution fidelity and crime insurance policies arising out of mortgage frauds in the UK and the US.
- Lead English lawyer on numerous Bermuda Form insurance coverage arbitrations applying New York substantive law and English procedural law in relation to underlying product liability claims and associated securities litigation in the US valued at US $1.6 billion concerning the alleged side-effects of contraceptives, heartburn medication, painkillers, arthritis drugs, weight loss drugs, HRT products, anti-depressant drugs and drugs to combat osteoporosis.
- Advising a manufacturer on medical implant litigation in France and England.
- Advising on construction insurance claims, pension trustee claims, environmental insurance claims and political risk claims.