Lucy Thorpe, Senior Associate
Lucy specialises in advisory and transactional work for private companies, with a particular emphasis on private equity, venture capital and growth companies.
SummaryLucy specialises in PE and M&A advisory and transactional work for private equity and venture capital investors, management teams and portfolio companies. Her experience includes advising on buy-side and sell-side transactions for both investors and management teams (with recent examples including the successful exits by FPE Capital of Creditcall and Small World), as well as bolt-on acquisitions for portfolio companies (most notably acting for the Civica Group (an investee company of Partners Group) on its “buy and build” strategy)
Lucy is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for FPE Capital on both investments and exits including its most recent management buyout of Vedbaek Holdings Limited (t/a The NAV People) and the sale of multi-channel cross border payment service provider, Small World, to Equistone Partners Europe.
- Acting for the portfolio companies of FPE Capital in relation to various day to day corporate and constitutional matters, including bolt on acquisitions.
- Advising the Civica Group, an investee company of Partners Group, on a series of bolt on acquisitions including the most recent acquisitions of payment systems specialist, Nationwide Retail Systems and master data management specialist, VisionWare.
- Advising the new and existing management team on the Hydralectric Group buy-in management buy-out by Rockpool Investments.
- Acting for the institutional and management shareholders on the sale of omni-channel payment gateway service provider, Creditcall Holdings Limited to US trade buyer, NMI, which is backed by Francisco Partners and Great Hill Partners.
- Acting for the founding shareholders of Construction Materials Online Limited, an online retailer supplying materials to DIY builders and building contractors, on the management buyout backed by private equity firm, Key Capital Partners.
- Acting for various start up and growth companies in relation to the co-investment by high net worth individuals and EIS fundraisings, including the high intensity fitness class provider, Psycle, and fresh flower delivery specialist, Freddie’s Flowers.
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Civica on the acquisition of TranSend Solutions Ltd
TranSend Solutions is a leading provider of delivery management software to organisations with complex logistics and transport requirements.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Civica on acquisition of Trac Systems
The Corporate team has advised longstanding client, Civica Group, on its latest acquisition Trac Systems and its subsidiary Zedcore Systems.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Civica Group on acquisition of Electoral Reform Services
Charles Russell Speechlys has advised longstanding client, the Civica Group on its latest acquisition of Electoral Reform Services Limited.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Civica on the acquisition of Nationwide Retail Systems Limited
NRS is an established provider of integrated payment solutions, most notably for the education sector.