Lucy's experience covers a wide range of family law matters, often with an international element, including divorce/dissolution, finances, children matters and pre and post-nuptial agreements. She has been involved in dealing with all aspects of relationship breakdown, acting for high-net worth individuals with complex financial structures. Lucy also has experience involving claims against offshore trusts and has a strong interest in dealing with family businesses on divorce.
Lucy has experience in a wide range of children matters, including the international relocation of children, the general living arrangements and financial claims for children after parents separate.
Lucy also deals with cases involving international surrogacy arrangements and adoption.
Lucy is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
- Assisted with a complex, international financial remedies case, acting for one of the main parties which involved a family business where the assets were worth several billion dollars, which settled confidentially during an extensive High Court trial. The case involved complex international trust arguments.
- Assisted with a financial remedies case, acting for the husband whose privately owned business was of very significant value and was at the centre of a fully contested High Court trial. This case also involved complicated valuation and liquidity issues.
- Acted for the mother in her successful application to relocate from south-east England to Yorkshire with her child.
- Assisted with a financial remedies case acting for a party who had significant pre-acquired wealth, including a substantial art collection.
- Advising in the preparation of pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements involving substantial assets.