Louise Ward, Partner
Louise is a real estate partner specialising in investment and commercial development work.
Louise is a real estate partner specialising in investment and commercial development work. She acts for a wide mix of investors, developers and corporate occupiers across a number of real estate sectors including office, life sciences, leisure, mixed use and healthcare, for clients including BioMed Realty, L.P, Derwent London and David Lloyd Leisure Limited. She has also acted on real estate finance transactions with a number institutional funders.
Louise advises on the full property lifecycle from acquisition, development, pre-letting, funding and eventual sale and takes a proactive approach to leading a multi-disciplinary team. She also has specific experience of advising new entrants into the UK property market and project managing portfolio transactions with overseas elements.
Louise is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acted for BioMed Realty on the acquisition of a multi-let science park with a value of £130 million and subsequently on development pre-letting agreements and management matters at the park
- Acted on the first UK acquisition by a Chinese insurer of an £800 million trophy London building
- Acted for David Lloyd Leisure on a portfolio sale and ground leaseback transaction over 44 leisure sites, including a £450 million re-finance of the whole portfolio
- Acted for Derwent London on the Agreement For Lease to Nimax Theatres of a new 600 seat theatre development in Derwent’s Soho Place.
- Acted for BioMed Realty on the acquisition of a long leasehold interest in the Babraham Research Campus and subsequent development and pre-letting of the life sciences space
- Acted for David Lloyd Leisure on the conditional acquisition of a site for the development of a new leisure club in Bicester
- Acted for Derwent London on the sale of 40 Chancery Lane for £121.4 million.