Lee Colgate, Senior Associate
Lee advises on the full range of pension issues for clients including trustees, corporate and not-for-profit employers of occupational pension schemes and individuals.
SummaryLee has practiced pensions law for 7 years and worked in the pensions industry for over 15 years. He advises on the full range of pension issues, including corporate restructuring, acquisitions, scheme design and documentation, funding negotiations and the duties and powers of trustees. He has negotiated and drafted the terms of complex contingent asset agreements and bulk annuities contracts, including medically enhanced annuities. Lee also advises schemes in winding up or going through the PPF or FAS assessment process, tax efficient company death in service arrangements and expertise in the LGPS and pension issues for not-for-profits and charities.
Lee has acted for trustees and employers in the successful resolution of contentious pension matters including member and benefit disputes and professional liability claims.
Lee is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising on debt apportionments in a multi-employer scheme, including resolving complex statutory employer issues
- Negotiating the terms of a contingent asset agreement over land and property in the not-for-profit sector
- Advice on pension issues in the acquisition of a multi-national corporate including its occupational pension liabilities
- Acting for a not-for-profit on the terms of admission to, and cessation of participation in, the LGPS
- Advising on pension scheme closure to future accrual including the removal of a contractual entitlement to pension scheme membership