Laurence is a Trainee Solicitor and is currently on secondment within the Litigation and Dispute Resolution team in the Dubai office.
As part of his apprenticeship with the firm, he completed seats in Corporate, Real Estate, Commercial Dispute Resolution, and Employment – leading him to graduate with First Class Honours in the summer of 2021.
More recently he has begun his Training Contract at the Firm and has completed his first two seats in the Real Estate (Regeneration) and the Corporate Teams, working on a variety of matters from greenfield and brownfield land parcel acquisitions to multi-national mergers and acquisitions.
Laurence will qualify as a solicitor in 2023.
- Advising clients on small-scale inter-developmental transfers.
- Advised Hong Kong-listed Symphony Holdings Limited (“Symphony”) on the $28 million disposal of its Pony international footwear brand, in part to the Iconix Brand Group (“Iconix”) and in part to a new joint venture between Symphony and Iconix.
- Advising the independent board of Caretech Holdings PLC, one of the UK's largest social care providers who are AIM-listed, in its “take private” sale carried out by means of a scheme of arrangement under Part 26 of the Companies Act 2006 to a management-led bidding vehicle, Amalfi Bidco Limited, for c.£870.3 million.
- Advising a UK-based care home provider on the potential sale of a selection of their UK property portfolio to their landlord, following on from previous portfolio sales to other purchasers.
- Acted for a UK Main Market listed housing developer in their acquisition of a number of development sites across various regions of England – including Surrey, London, Essex and Kent.
- Acting for and advising Puma Private Equity on a range of VCT and EIS qualifying investments and follow-on investments, across a variety of different sectors.
- Advised the shareholders of a UK-based business payment processing company in the disposal of their shares (being the entire issued share capital of the company) pursuant to an option exercised by one of their customers, contained within a previous Investment Agreement.
- Advised a disabled UK individual in an Employment Tribunal claim brought against his local authority employer for a variety of claims, including disability discrimination and failure to make reasonable adjustments.
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours in Legal Practice (Solicitors Apprenticeship), City, University of London (2021)