Laurence Whymark, Trainee Solicitor
Laurence is a Trainee Solicitor at the firm, having completed four years of the Solicitor Apprenticeship. He currently sits within the Real Estate (regeneration) team, with experience across a variety of different sectors.
Laurence has previously completed rotations within the firm’s Corporate, Real Estate, Commercial Dispute Resolution and Employment teams. Laurence returns to the Real Estate (regeneration) team to develop an interest in commercial real estate, with a particular focus on the acquisition, development and disposal of land and its associated residential developments.
During his training contract Laurence will spend three, 6 month rotations with different teams across the firm to enhance and develop a breadth of knowledge and experience that can be used to assist clients. Laurence’s experience so far has been gained acting for a variety of clients from private individuals to multinational corporates.
Laurence will qualify as a Solicitor in 2023.
- Advised Hong Kong-listed Symphony Holdings Limited on the $28 million disposal of its Pony international footwear brand, in part to Iconix Brand Group and in part to a new joint venture between Symphony and Iconix.
- Assisting colleagues in acting for various celebrity claimants in relation to the on-going phone hacking litigation against News Group Newspapers and Mirror Group Newspapers.
- Acting for a pro-bono individual in a disability discrimination claim against his local authority employer.
- Assisting colleagues with commercial lettings across a variety of mixed-use developments.
- Advising clients on small-scale inter-developmental transfers.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Puma Private Equity on its investment into MUSO
We have advised long-term client Puma Private Equity on its investment into MUSO TNT Limited.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Caretech Holdings PLC on its proposed £870.3 million take private
Charles Russell Speechlys is advising the independent board of Caretech Holdings PLC, in its take private sale to Amalfi Bidco Limited.
Top 10 Tips for dealing with Easements
Everything you need to know about dealing with Easements.
Michael Powner and Laurence Whymark write for The Caterer on the implications of the new tipping laws on the hospitality industry
Operators will soon have to pass on tips to staff without deductions.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Apex Housing on growth capital investment
Apex will use the funding to accelerate its construction programme, with plans to develop 300-400 properties during the next three years.