Lauren advises clients (including developers, hospitality companies, landed estates and individuals) on disputes relating to commercial and residential property including opposed and unopposed lease renewals, breaches of covenant, the impact of insolvency on landlord and tenant relationships, the exercise of break clauses, dilapidations, service charge disputes, possession claims and termination of leases including by forfeiture.
For developer clients Lauren also advises on rights of light matters as well as carrying out work in the field of leasehold enfranchisement, acting for some of the largest London estates.
Lauren is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
- Advising a number of major landlords in respect of their commercial property portfolios with regards to, for example, lease renewals, breaches of lease, dilapidations work and the service of break notices
- Advising commercial tenants in respect of their commercial property portfolios with regards to, for example, lease renewals, statutory compensation, breaches of lease, rent reviews and break notices.
- Acting for a commercial tenant following the forfeiture of one of its portfolio’s key leases, issuing urgent injunction proceedings after the landlord had entered into an agreement for lease with a third party, and achieving reinstatement of the client’s lease in a matter of weeks.
- Advising commercial tenants operating in the hospitality industry in relation to the wide-ranging impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Advising developer clients in relation to rights of light issues arising from proposed developments.
- Acting for some of the largest London estates in the field of leasehold enfranchisement.
- Advising a number of major Landlords, including those of some of the largest London estates, in respect of their residential property portfolios (including breaches of lease, service charge disputes and property management issues).