Kirsti Laird, Senior Associate (Qualified in New Zealand)
Kirsti advises on all aspects of UK employment law including employment processes, commercial matters and dispute resolution.
SummaryKirsti advises on all aspects of UK employment law including advising about general human resources issues, employment processes and dispute resolution. She also advises clients in relation to commercial matters affecting employees, including restructurings and TUPE.
Kirsti is admitted as a barrister and solicitor in New Zealand.
Kirsti is admitted as a barrister and solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand.
- Experience in Tribunal and High Court claims, including representing a former CEO of an international organisation in relation to her unfair dismissal, representing a financial services client in relation to the misconduct and dismissal of a senior financial services salesperson (including liaison with the FSA) and representing an LLP in relation to an employment status claim by a former member
- Experience advising companies about the implications of TUPE in relation to intra-group reorganisations as well as mergers and acquisitions and re-contracting scenarios
- Led international project work for a number of large international organisations in relation to the global harmonisation of contracts, policies and other employment-related documentation across the organisation’s international operations
- Worked with a number of financial services clients and, in 2010, spent seven months on secondment in the employment legal team at a major investment bank
- Advisory experience in relation to all aspects of employment law including negotiating and drafting employment contracts and service agreements for employees and directors
- Advises on grievance and dismissal procedures (including termination agreements) as well as the processes for conducting both small and large scale redundancies