Kelly helps clients to manage their workforces effectively. She advises on strategic employment issues and decisions, from hiring to firing, and everything in between. With a business background, Kelly has the insight necessary to provide commercial solutions to employers, helping them to run their businesses efficiently and to resolve employment disputes quickly. Kelly can provide day-to-day HR support and guidance on issues such as redundancy, disciplinary and grievance matters, flexible working, contracts, policies and handbooks, to name a few. She deals with settlement negotiations, Employment Tribunal claims (including unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing) and more complex issues such as restrictive covenants, misuse of confidential information and business transfers/ TUPE. She also advises individuals and senior executives on disputes with their employers.
Kelly is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Securing an injunction against a former employee on behalf of an insurance sector client in a team move case.
- Advising a large client in the fast food industry on an ongoing basis in respect of day-to-day employee issues, specific projects and tribunal litigation.
- Successfully defending an unfair dismissal claim in the Employment Tribunal on behalf of a large manufacturing client.
- Negotiating a substantial settlement for an individual in a whistleblowing and unfair dismissal case.
- Securing a favourable commercial settlement for a recruitment company threatened with an injunction in a team move case.