Katy Ackroyd, Senior Associate
Katy works on behalf of both individual and corporate clients advising on a range of commercial disputes across a broad range of sectors.
SummaryKaty works on behalf of both individual and corporate clients advising on a range of, often complex and high value, commercial disputes across a broad range of sectors. She has experience of advising on disputes involving breaches of contract, breaches of warranty, shareholder disputes, misrepresentation, civil fraud, professional negligence and Judicial Review, often with international elements. Katy’s work predominantly involves High Court litigation and arbitration but she also has experience in resolving disputes through alternative means, including mediation and expert determination.
Katy is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising on a high value negligence claim against a professional services provider
- Representing a large AIM listed company in a shareholder dispute and the defence of a claim for unfair prejudice
- Advising companies and individuals in connection with investigations into allegations of wrongdoing such as fraud, bribery, corruption and money laundering
- Litigating a claim for breach of duty and misrepresentation against a well-known bank
- Defending worldwide freezing injunctions
- Advising on the termination of international commercial contracts including franchise, agency and licence agreements
- Advising on arbitration appeal claims in the High Court
- Commencing and acting on ICC arbitrations