Katy works on behalf of both individual and corporate clients advising on complex and high value commercial disputes across a broad range of sectors, often involving multiple parties. She has a diverse practice and has experience of advising on disputes involving breaches of contract, breaches of warranty, misrepresentation, civil fraud, professional negligence and Judicial Review, often with international elements. Katy’s work predominantly involves High Court litigation and arbitration but she also has extensive experience in resolving disputes through alternative means, including mediation and expert determination.
Katy is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for high net worth individuals in connection with multimillion pound commercial disputes including an alleged unpaid gambling debt and claims for professional negligence against well-known banks and services providers.
- Acting on disputes both for and against auction houses concerning high value goods purchased at auction both in this jurisdiction and abroad.
- Acting on disputes before various arbitral bodies (ICC, LCIA etc.), ad hoc arbitrations in London and arbitration appeal claims in the High Court. Experience includes acting on a £67m claim involving allegations of state corruption and breach of contract in relation to off-shore development and investment scheme in the Caribbean, and defending a multi-million USD dispute concerning allegations of unjust enrichment, knowing receipt and dishonest assistance.
- Representing a large AIM listed company in connection with a shareholder dispute and the defence of a claim for unfair prejudice.
- Advising companies and individuals in connection with investigations into allegations of wrongdoing such as fraud, bribery, corruption and money laundering.