Katie provides strategic advice to some of the firm’s most prominent and historic landed families and their trustees.
Katie combines her knowledge of traditional private client work (tax, trusts, estate planning and capacity) with expertise in both agricultural law and heritage exemption.
Katie is a qualified Trusts and Estates Practitioner (TEP).
- Advising on complex personal tax and trust matters for high net worth individuals, families and trustees, in relation to many different ownership and occupation structures.
- Working closely with landed estate owners, their trustees and their professional advisers, in relation to a range of taxation, trust and succession planning advice.
- Advising business owners on tax and succession issues, including passing assets to the next generation tax efficiently, whilst retaining proper provision and control for the current generation.
- Advising in relation to the implementation of "Balfour" holding and trading structures.
- Advising individuals and trustees in relation to the availability of heritage reliefs.