Karen Watson , Associate
Karen specialises in family law, including nuptial agreements, financial settlements on divorce, unmarried separation and children issues.
SummaryKaren advises on all areas of family law, including financial settlements on divorce, unmarried separation and arrangements for children after parents separate. Karen also has particular experience of advising on nuptial and cohabitation agreements. Karen’s cases often involve international issues and complex assets, including businesses and trusts. Karen is a member of Resolution.
Karen is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Assisted with a successful application to remove a child from the jurisdiction to live overseas
- Assisted with advising on a pre-nuptial agreement in an ultra-high net worth case with assets in multiple jurisdictions
- Assisted with the negotiation of a financial settlement on divorce in a complex, high-value case without court proceedings
- Assisted with successfully resisting an application to the English courts for financial provision several years after an overseas divorce
- Assisted with an application to vary spousal maintenance and the negotiation of a settlement outside of court