Karen Watson , Associate
Karen advises on all areas of family law, including financial settlements on divorce, unmarried separation and children issues.
AboutKaren advises on all areas of family law, including financial settlements on divorce, unmarried separation and children issues. Karen also has particular experience of advising on nuptial and cohabitation agreements. Karen’s cases often involve international issues and complex assets, including offshore trusts and businesses. Karen is a member of Resolution.
Karen is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Assisted with advising on a pre-nuptial agreement for an ultra-high net worth business person with assets in multiple jurisdictions
- Assisted with successfully challenging the English court's jurisdiction for divorce in an Anglo-French "jurisdiction battle" resulting in a significantly more favourable financial outcome for our client
- Assisted with the negotiation of a multi-million pound financial settlement on divorce without court proceedings in a case involving complex international tax planning and offshore trusts
- Assisted with a successful application to the English court for financial provision following a Russian divorce with non-disclosure issues
- Assisted with a successful application to relocate to a long-haul destination with two young children
- Assisted with successfully obtaining emergency injunction orders to protect a client from domestic violence