Karen McGrath, Associate
Karen is a construction lawyer with experience in non-contentious work in respect of a wide range of construction and engineering projects.
SummaryKaren advises developers, contractors, funders and consultants primarily on non-contentious matters on a wide range of construction and engineering projects. Karen has specialist experience in infrastructure for sports and major events, having joined the firm from a project based role working for the delivery authority for the 2022 FIFA World Cup. Karen has experience of advising on all stages of major construction projects, from tender preparation, to negotiation of project documents and advising project teams on contract management and dispute avoidance.
Karen is admitted to practice in Scotland.
- Advising across the infrastructure delivery programme for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, including six sports stadia, training sites, energy centres, a port and hotels.
- Advising a Qatari Government entity on a US$ 14 billion road infrastructure programme based on FIDIC.
- Advising a Kuwaiti Government entity on the implementation of a PPP for a hospital project.
- Advising an international engineering consultancy on consultancy appointments in respect of projects with Qatar Rail.
- Advising an international joint venture on a decennial liability claim relating to oil and gas infrastructure.
News & Insights
Infra. Law - Autumn 2018
Welcome to the latest edition of Infra.Law bringing you insight into issues facing the domestic and international infrastructure sector.