Julie Sharpe, Senior Associate
Julie has experience in a wide range of real estate transactions for both corporate and private clients.
AboutJulie has experience in a wide range of real estate transactions for both corporate and private clients. She specialises in acting for land owners on strategic development sites, regularly dealing with promotions, collaboration agreements, pre-emptions, phased development management agreements, title issues, options, overage and other complex land agreements. As part of the firm’s Strategic Land Team, Julie helps clients to prepare and realise maximum value from land with potential for development, drawing on her breadth of real estate experience to deal with the issues which strategic landowners face.
Julie is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Strategic land highlights
- Acting for a land pooling trust on the phased development and disposal of 250 acre residential scheme in Oxfordshire in collaboration with a major UK developer. Each phase was subject to option agreements with a collaboration and development management agreement under which the developer provided the infrastructure to enable phases to be sold serviced;
- Acting on the sale of a phased development site in Herefordshire with consent for 290 dwellings and options over two further phases involving a pre-emption agreement, promotion agreement, overage and complex title issues;
- Assisting with a 2,500 unit mixed use scheme in Oxfordshire (one of Oxfordshire’s biggest ever housing estates) held by 20 plus landowners within a pool trust and sold on a phased and equalised basis including dealing with complex section 106 issues;
- Dealing with the conditional sale of school playing fields for a 50 plus unit scheme involving a number of complex pre-conditions regarding access, section 106 obligations, servicing and defective title.
- Other experience
- Acting for a high-end luxury retailer on the successful relocation of their flagship Bond Street premises;
- Dealing with acquisitions and lettings for a chain of new gin bars with plans for quick expansion across the UK;
- Acting for a developer in relation to the development and pre-letting of a regional leisure scheme;
- Secondment to Legal and General Property, one of the largest institutional property fund managers in the UK, to assist in-house legal counsel on a number of high value portfolio acquisitions;
- Acting for a privately owned London residential property investment company in refinancing a property portfolio involving the preparation of multiple certificates on title and dealing with financing requirements.