Joseph Le Page, Registered Foreign Lawyer (England and Wales)
Joe advises individuals, families, trustees and private banks both in the UK and abroad, on taxation, trusts and estate planning.
Joe advises high and ultra-high net worth individuals on their estate and succession planning, asset protection and planning their tax affairs.
Joe frequently advises non-UK domiciled individuals moving to the UK regarding the structuring of their affairs from a UK tax perspective and assists with the implementation of any planning steps.
Joe also drafts UK Wills and lasting powers of attorney and advises on the implications of different methods of UK property ownership.
Joe is admitted to practise in England and Wales, and is a Registered Foreign Lawyer in Hong Kong.
- Advising non-UK domiciled families on pre-UK immigration planning, including the application of the statutory residence test and the remittance basis of taxation.
- Advising a prominent non-UK family on the restructuring of an offshore trust structure holding a valuable UK property.
- Advising a well-known UK family on asset protection and succession considerations associated with the establishment of several dynastic family trusts to hold shares in the family company.
- Advising a wealthy Hong Kong family regarding their move to the UK and their continued involvement with the family businesses in Hong Kong.
- Advising an international family in respect of their global estate planning and drafted multi-jurisdictional Wills to deal with their assets in several jurisdictions.