Joseph Evans, Associate
Joseph undertakes all aspects of restructuring and insolvency work, specialising in contentious matters.
Joseph acts for a variety of clients including insolvency practitioners, directors and investors.
Joseph primarily assists officeholders with their investigations into insolvent companies and individuals, with a view to recovering misappropriated funds for the estates. He works on cases involving fraud, misfeasance, negligence and tax avoidance often with international elements. He also works on transactional insolvency and general civil litigation matters.
Joseph is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
- Advising the claimant in the case of 44 Wellfit Street Limited v GMR Services Limited  EWHC 1841 (Ch) resulting in the recovery of a £2.5m development property and indemnity costs being awarded.
- Advising the liquidators of an insolvent group of companies in securing a worldwide freezing order against a former director and a judgment of over £8m.
- Advising on the trading administration of a large manufacturing company, facilitating the sale of the business in a deal which resulted in a healthy return to creditors.
- Advising private equity investors in relation to potential fraudulent misrepresentation claims against directors of investment vehicles. Also advising multiple stakeholders in relation to investment scams such as Ponzi schemes.
- Advising creditors in relation to retention of title claims in high profile administrations such as House of Fraser and Debenhams.