Jonathan Steele, Partner
Jonathan's areas of expertise include advising on mergers and acquisitions, corporate investments and restructuring.
Jonathan is a corporate transactional specialist, advising on a broad range of mergers and acquisitions, corporate investments and restructurings.
Jonathan has particular specialisms in the technology and media sectors as well as in healthcare. In addition to his Corporate work, he jointly leads the Dental team acting for corporates, as well as for owners of smaller single practice businesses. Jonathan’s clients range from early stage growth companies to listed public companies. Jonathan is ranked in Chambers & Partners for Corporate/M&A. Jonathan also sits on the Junior Board of the Association of European Lawyers.
Jonathan is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for London Irish Consortium (2013) Limited on the purchase of London Irish Rugby Club by way of a share acquisition and public offer
- Advising long standing main market listed client, discoverIE, on its acquisition of Xi-Tech Limited and its wholly-owned subsidiary Sens-Tech Limited for an initial cash consideration of £58m on a debt free, cash free basis with further contingent cash consideration of up to £12m
- Advising Sterling Healthcare Group Limited on the purchase of New Malden Diagnostics Centre
- Advising Vapotherm Inc, a global medical technology company, on its strategic acquisition of Solus Medical Limited
- Acting for a leading dental corporate on its growth strategy acquiring numerous single and multi-site dental practices
- Advising the founders and shareholders of Next Control Systems Limited on the sale of the company to Elektron Technology Plc.
- Advising national broadcaster on a number of deals, including a joint venture production company investment and an investment, alongside Sky, in an e-sports company
- Advising the management team of an international IT services company on a private equity backed MBO
- Advising the sellers of recruitment and talent management company Consort Group in relation to the disposal of their shares to The Rethink Group
The Surrey Chambers of Commerce report on the Dental team’s involvement in Dentex’s acquisition of its 100th dental practice
The Dental team in Guildford has advised Dentex on the acquisition of Courtyard Dental Practice based in Saffron Walden in Essex.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Dentex on the acquisition of Courtyard Dental Practice
Dentex is a fast-growing dental group focussed on developing its practices and optimising how dental practices operate.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises discoverIE on its acquisition of Antenova
discoverIE is a leading international designer, manufacturer and supplier of customised electronics to industry.
Business South and the Surrey Chambers of Commerce report on Jonathan Steele's promotion to Partner
As part of the firm's annual promotions, Jonathan Steele was promoted to Partner in the Guildford office.
Charles Russell Speechlys promotes five to Partner
The promotions are effective 1 May 2021 and are accompanied by one Legal Director and 15 Senior Associate promotions.
The firm's role in advising Dentex on the acquisition of The Essex Smile Centre reported by Business Money
The sale of The Essex Smile Centre to Dentex Healthcare Group Limited has been completed.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on sale of dental practice Feltham Dental
Feltham Dental was established in 1982, the business is an integral part of the community and has many generations of loyal patients.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Wimbledon NeuroCare and Ascot Rehabilitation on the acquisition of a healthcare diagnostic centre
Both Ascot Rehab and Wimbledon NeuroCare provide high quality rehabilitation services for people with neurological conditions.
Dentists to return to work post COVID-19
Dental practitioners are looking ahead to the policies and procedures they will need to put in place in light of COVID-19.
Points to consider when reopening dental practices post COVID-19
What plans will dental practitioners need to put in place for what may be the ‘new normal’ for a long time to come?
Charles Russell Speechlys' corporate team shortlisted for six South East Dealmakers Awards
Charles Russell Speechlys in Guildford has been shortlisted for six Insider South East Dealmakers Awards 2020.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises discoverIE Group plc on its acquisition of Sens-Tech Limited
Charles Russell Speechlys advised long standing client, discoverIE on its acquisition of Xi-Tech Ltd and its subsidiary Sens-Tech Ltd.
Business Magazine cover Charles Russell Speechlys' role in the sale of Next Control Systems to Elektron Technology plc
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Vapotherm on the acquisition of Solus Medical
Vapotherm is a publicly traded developer and manufacturer of advanced respiratory technology.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises London Irish on stadium use deal with Brentford FC
We have advised longstanding client London Irish on their commercial agreement with Brentford Football Club.