Jonathan advises on general company and commercial matters and has a broad range of experience of corporate M&A transactions and joint ventures for both local and international clients.
Jonathan is currently undertaking a part-time secondment with Gulf Air (Bahrain’s national airline) alongside his role in the CRS Bahrain office.
Jonathan regularly advises clients on corporate and commercial matters with specific experience advising on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, business/asset sale and purchases, management buy-outs, reorganisations, own-share purchases, share redemptions, share-for-share exchanges, shareholders’ agreements, share allotments and amendments to articles of association in the UK and the Middle East.
Jonathan’s recent expertise has included transactions in the banking and finance, construction, engineering, retail and consumer products, electrical services, real estate, healthcare, and educational sectors.
Jonathan is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advised a leading Abu-Dhabi based investment group in respect of the distressed acquisition of a healthcare solutions provider, which was a wholly-owned subsidiary of NMC Healthcare.
- Advising ASRY (Arab Shipbuilding & Repair Yard BSC(C)) on the setting up of a Bahraini joint venture and drafting the joint venture agreement.
- Advised CapitaLand Singapore on the sale of its 49% shareholding to its joint venture partner, Mubadala (Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth fund).
- Advising on the establishment of a Private Investment Undertaking in Bahrain (regulated by the Central Bank of Bahrain).
- Advising the operator of several popular restaurant chains in Bahrain on the commercial, intellectual property and data protection aspects of the rollout of an e-commerce solution for food ordering and delivery.