Jonathan Fisher, Associate
Jonathan advises on general company and commercial matters and has a broad range of experience of corporate M&A transactions
Jonathan advises on general company and commercial matters and has a broad range of experience of corporate M&A transactions and joint ventures for both local and international clients.
Jonathan regularly advises clients on corporate and commercial matters with specific experience advising on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, business/asset sale and purchases, management buy-outs, reorganisations, own-share purchases, share redemptions, share-for-share exchanges, shareholders’ agreements, share allotments and amendments to articles of association in the UK and the Middle East.
Jonathan’s recent expertise has included transactions in the banking and finance, construction, engineering, retail and consumer products, electrical services, real estate, healthcare, and educational sectors.
- Advised a leading Abu-Dhabi based investment group in respect of the distressed acquisition of a healthcare solutions provider, which was a wholly-owned subsidiary of NMC Healthcare.
- Advising ASRY (Arab Shipbuilding & Repair Yard BSC(C)) on the setting up of a Bahraini joint venture and drafting the joint venture agreement.
- Advised CapitaLand Singapore on the sale of its 49% shareholding to its joint venture partner, Mubadala (Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth fund).
- Advising on the establishment of a Private Investment Undertaking in Bahrain (regulated by the Central Bank of Bahrain).
- Advising the operator of several popular restaurant chains in Bahrain on the commercial, intellectual property and data protection aspects of the rollout of an e-commerce solution for food ordering and delivery.
Bahrain Ultimate Beneficial Owner
The Bahrain Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism publishes new Ultimate Beneficial Ownership (UBO) Rules
Amendments to the Bahrain Commercial Companies Law
Decree 28 of 2020 has set out various amendments to certain provisions of the Bahrain Commercial Companies Law.
The Kingdom of Bahrain and Israel
On Friday 11 September 2020 it was announced that the Kingdom of Bahrain would establish diplomatic relations with Israel.
Bahrain's reaction to the global pandemic
The world remains in unfamiliar territory with Covid-19 still affecting the daily lives of people around the globe.
Update: The Kingdom of Bahrain & COVID-19
Update: The Kingdom of Bahrain & COVID-19 – Bahrain’s reaction to the global pandemic
Document execution in the Kingdom of Bahrain - The use of Electronic Signatures
Considering the shift towards the use of digital documents in day-to-day transactions in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Patrick Gearon FCIArb
The Kingdom of Bahrain and COVID-19: Bahrain's reaction to the global pandemic
Our team provide an update on how the Kingdom of Bahrain have reacted to the Covid-19 pandemic.