Jonathan Bayliss, Partner
Jonathan covers a wide range of financial services product and regulatory work with a particular focus on advising institutional clients in the wealth management and private banking sectors.
SummaryJonathan covers a wide range of financial services product and regulatory work with a particular focus on advising institutional clients in the wealth management and private banking sectors. His clients include private banks, private wealth and institutional investment managers and advisers, family offices, depositaries and custodians. He acts for a number of significant family offices advising on the structure of offices, managing regulatory and custody risk, and on investment transactions undertaken by the offices themselves and jointly with other families.
Jonathan’s product practice includes advising on investment funds, authorized and alternative, and investment structures designed for tax efficient investment funds such as EIS and BPR.
Jonathan’s practice has a significant international element acting as he does for many EEA and non EEA financial instructions on cross border regulatory issues.
On the regulatory side, Jonathan’s practice covers the range of UK and EU legal and regulatory issues faced by those providing financial services in, from and into the UK, including MiFID, financial promotions, AIFMD, custody and client money, distribution and conduct of business rules generally.
Jonathan is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising institutional clients on the establishment and structuring of a major equity fund
- Advising clients in non EEA jurisdictions on regulatory issues arising from the distribution of financial services and products into the UK
- Advising on the scope and application of UCITS V
- Advising a family office on institutional size custody arrangements with a leading investment bank
- Advising on distribution obligations with regard to structured products
News & Insights
Are you prepared for coming regulatory change
The financial services sector is set to face a series of regulatory changes in the coming months. Are you prepared?
Newsletter - Financial Services Institutions Briefing
Welcome to the fourth edition of our Financial Services Institutions Briefing.