Jon Walters, Partner
Jon specialises in commercial and regulatory advice to clients in the sports, TMT and retail sectors.
SummaryJon specialises in commercial and regulatory advice to clients in the sports, TMT and retail sectors. In sport, he advises on commercial rights deals, as well as on governance and corporate matters. He acts for governing bodies, brands, agencies and individuals. In the technology and retail sectors, Jon’s advice ranges from digital media, advertising and marketing, licensing, outsourcing, consumer sales and more. He has a particular focus on advising brand name clients on their commercial activities. In addition to the sector specific advice highlighted, Jon provides the full range of commercial advice to businesses seeking legal assistance with their business operations and the terms of supply of their goods or services.
Jon is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advised Nike on its deal with The FA for the sponsorship of the England football team
- Acting for a household name, global retailer on an ongoing basis on commercial matters, such as distribution agreements, payment service provider contracts and marketing and advertising compliance
- Advised the Welsh Rugby Union on its agreement with the four professional Regional Rugby teams in Wales, which restructured professional rugby in Wales and established the framework for dual contracts for Welsh players
- Acting for a major technology company on its infrastructure, distribution and outsourcing arrangements
- Acting as Head of Legal and Business Affairs at the media agency, IMG, for Rugby World Cup 2015
News & Insights
Gaining the Advantage 2017 – Sport, Tech and the Law
We will be joined by a selection of industry specialists to discuss the latest converging issues between sport, technology and the law.
Vlogging: the legal issues
When using vloggers, caution must be taken to ensure that you stay on the right side of the law.