Jon specialises in debt finance across a wide range of asset classes across several sectors.
He has over 20 years of experience advising funds, banks, private banks, developers, institutional borrowers, private companies and High Net Worth investors and family offices on challenges they face from multiple perspectives. Clients welcome his pragmatic and achievable solutions. His work is generally UK based however he has extensive experience working with clients in Africa and the Middle East.
Jon specialist areas include:
- Real Estate Finance: Development Finance and Investment Finance across a wide range of asset classes: residential development, commercial real estate, care homes, student accommodation / PBSA, retirement living, later living, shopping centres, healthcare, hospitals.
- Receivables Finance: Broad experience across a range of sectors particularly when the receivables comprise a large portfolio.
- Sports Finance: Advising Premiership and Championship football clubs, Premiership Rugby teams, and governing bodies from a number of sports.
- acting for Silbury Finance (backed by Oaktree Capital Management) on a £73.8m facility to finance the development of a 215 unit residential-for-sale scheme in York at a former redundant gas works site
- acting for Silbury Finance (backed by Oaktree Capital Management) on a £55m facility to a Jersey unit trust to finance the development of an integrated retirement community in Berkhamsted, England
- acting for a leading UK property investment and development lender on a £36m senior secured loan to fund the development of a 502 unit purpose-built student accommodation scheme in Coventry, England
- acting for a leading UK property investment and development lender on a £24m peak-debt facility to fund the development of 138 residential units at a former chocolate factory in Bristol, England
- acting for a leading Private Bank on a range of investment transactions totalling over £250m in value
- acting for Gulf Islamic Finance Investments on the £82m development financing of the Chelsea Police Station
- acting for off-shore trustees of a JPUT on the development financing of a property in St James’s
- acting for a boutique investment firm on the £16m refinancing of a brown field site comprising 365 acres in Somerset, to be developed into an energy park
- advising a major mobile virtual network operator on a securitisation and separate receivables financing arrangements
- acting for a syndicate of Egyptian Banks on a margin loan to a leading investor in growth markets across Africa, Asia, and Latin America (and its subsequent restructuring and refinancing)