Additionally, John acts for global technology firms in complex technology development dispute and he is currently working on a cross border trade agreement between France, the US and England, claims regarding installation of smart meter technology in homes and between leading mobile telephony operators.
John's work in financial services includes the multi billion dollar Awal litigation, complex aviation financing, and enforcement of loan agreements. John works for early and successful resolution of client’s dispute using the most cost effective tools of litigation and mediation.
John is admitted to practise in England and Wales and has experience of the courts of Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, USA, France, Scotland, Dubai, Cyprus and Arbitral Bodies including ICC and LCIA.
- Irvine v Irvine; shareholders dispute which set the standard for minority discount on valuation of shares
- Hadley Keeble and Norman v Gary Kemp; the Spandau Ballet litigation
- De Beers v Atos EWHC 3276 (TCC); limitation of loss in IT development
- Awal Bank v Various; the world’s largest fraud case
- National Bank of Greece (Cyprus) Limited v Ioanna Christofi Republic of Uzbekistan v Oxus Gold
- Confidential arbitration includes wind farms, data sites, minority shareholder claims, complex technology and claims under Bilateral Investment Treaties