John Almeida, Legal Director
John represents numerous governments and advisers in the areas of constitutional, general administrative and public law with particular experience of written constitutions and human rights, international arbitrations involving investment, as well as Extradition.
AboutJohn practices in the areas of constitutional, general administrative and public law with particular experience of written constitutions. He is also experienced in international arbitrations involving investment, privatisation and infrastructure disputes, as well as in numerous ad hoc arbitrations and, including under the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea. Represents foreign Governments, International Cooperation's. Appears frequently in the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council.
- BAES v Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- Carlos Hamilton and Jason Lewis v The Queen  UKPC 31
- Taitt v The State  UKPC 38
- Pratt & Morgan-v-The Queen
- N Lewis & Others-v-The Queen
- F.W Oil-v-The Government of The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- Construction Developers Association Ltd v The Government of Jamaica (ICC) Case No. 13448
- BIMINI Blue Coalition Ltd V Prime Minister of The Bahamas & ORS (2014)
- UC Rusal Alimina Jamaica Limited and others v Wynette Miller and others  UKPC 39
- Crociani and others (Appellants) v Crociani and others  UKPC 40
- The United Policyholders Group (CLICO) v The Attorney General of Trinidad and Tobago  UKPC 17
- Steve Ferguson & Others v The Attorney General of Trinidad and Tobago  UKPC 2
- The Attorney General (Bahamas) v Hall  UKPC 28