Jodie Martyndale-Howard, Associate
Jodie works alongside Paula Boast and advises on local and international construction claims management, disputes, litigation and arbitrations throughout the Middle East region.
Jodie is based in our Manama office which she joined in 2018 and advises on construction and real estate matters. Previously, Jodie spent time in Muscat and Dubai whilst training to be a solicitor.
- Advising Bemco in their ICC arbitration proceedings relating to Dukhan Road East Project regarding variations, termination and counterclaims.
- Advising on Contractor to Employer claims arising out of a series of fires on site and allegations as to insurance fraud under the Contractor’s all risks insurance policy as well as the Employer’s attempts to terminate the Contractor and bring another Contractor into play.
- Assisting with providing analysis of claims for a construction dispute in relation to Employer delays coupled with Contractor quality issues arising out of design.
- Providing advice in relation to delays and possible termination of construction contracts to include assessment of claims arising out of said termination.
- Assisting with a forensic claims investigation in relation to a suspected fraud arising out of localised project funder.
- Advising a regulatory body in relation to a number of its claims and disputes.
- Assisting with claims and disputes in the courts of England & Wales involving Middle Eastern registered companies and nationals.
The Effect of Contractor Insolvency on Construction Projects in the Middle East
GCC countries have now introduced new bankruptcy laws as they have become necessary due to the inward investments.
Charles Russell Speechlys Wins Bahrain Law Firm of the Year Award at The Oath Middle East Legal Awards 2018
Our Bahrain team has been announced as the winner of the Bahrain Law Firm of the Year Award at The Oath Middle East Awards 2018.