Jessica Williams, Legal Executive
Jessica advises on all contentious and non-contentious aspects of insolvency.
SummaryJessica advises on all contentious and non-contentious aspects of insolvency, working primarily for insolvency practitioners in administrations, liquidations and when appointed as trustees in bankruptcy as well as corporate entities, individuals and lenders. She also provides insolvency advice to both creditors and debtors She has experience dealing with contentious matters involving antecedent recovery actions in both personal and corporate insolvencies. Jessica is heavily involved in the matter of Awal Bank B.S.C. (in Administration) in which Charles Russell Speechlys have been appointed as External Administrator. Awal Bank has balance sheet assets of c.$6bn and Jessica deals with creditors’ claims (which exceed US$2bn) and the management of secondary debt trades, the review of extensive security and banking documents and matters pertaining to the recognition of Charles Russell Speechlys’ appointment by the Swiss banking authorities. Jessica was also involved in advising on the reported case of Re Integeral Limited  All ER (D) 63 (Feb).
- Advising a Liquidator in relation to a potential claim for wrongful trading and misfeasance
- Acting for a Trustee in Bankruptcy in relation to an application for possession and sale of a bankrupt’s property
- Advising an individual director of a company in liquidation as to his obligations under s236 of the Insolvency Act
- Acting for a creditor in relation to the recovery of funds from a potentially insolvent company
- Acting for an Irish bank in relation to the recovery of funds from an individual with multiple properties in England