Jessica Williams, Associate
Jessica advises on all contentious and non-contentious aspects of insolvency, working primarily for insolvency practitioners in administrations, liquidations and when appointed as trustees in bankruptcy as well as corporate entities, individuals and lenders.
Jessica provides insolvency advice to both creditors and debtors and has experience dealing with contentious matters involving antecedent recovery actions in both personal and corporate insolvencies, director misfeasance claims and utilisation of Insolvency Act powers to ensure disclosure of delivery up of assets and information to the office holder.
Jessica also acts for creditors and debtors in the enforcement and defence of debts pursued by way of statutory demands and winding up petitions and bankruptcy petitions. She has experience in dealing with applications to set aside statutory demands (both in pursuing and defending such applications), as well as the pursuit of winding up petition proceedings and bankruptcy petitions and the defence of the same.
Jessica is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
- Acting in the administration of Awal Bank in Bahrain, which has in excess of $2 billion of creditor claims
- Making and defending retention of title claims
- Offering ongoing advice to several retailers as to their options with regards to enforcement proceedings being brought by landlords.
- Advising directors of a business (including associated parent companies and subsidiary companies) suffering financial difficulties and considering their insolvency options
- Advising a Liquidator in relation to a claim for wrongful trading and misfeasance
- Acting for a Trustee in Bankruptcy in relation to an application for possession and sale of a bankrupt’s property
- Advising an individual director of a company in liquidation as to his obligations under s236 of the Insolvency Act
- Acting for a creditor in relation to the recovery of funds from a potentially insolvent company
- Acting for an Irish bank in relation to the recovery of funds under a multi-million euro personal guarantee from an individual with a number of properties in England
Legal Q&A - Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency
Hanh Nguyen and Jessica Williams answer your insolvency queries.