Jessica Arrol, Senior Associate
Jessica advises investment firms based both in the UK and offshore on UK and EU regulatory issues.
SummaryJessica advises investment firms based both in the UK and offshore on UK and EU regulatory issues, with a particular focus on the retail market. Her clients include private wealth and fund managers as well as firms designing products for the UK retail sector. She also advises family offices looking to establish a presence in the UK.
Jessica has a particular focus on non-UK firms looking to provide investment services or products to UK clients, with specific expertise in relation to Swiss firms. She advises non-UK firms on how to provide services cross-border and on how to set-up in the UK where required. Jessica advises on the establishment of and the regulatory framework surrounding investment funds, focussing particularly on alternative investment funds. Jessica is increasingly involved in the structuring and launching of EIS funds and is a member of the firm’s EIS group.
Jessica is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising a multinational Swiss firm on how to provide investment services to UK retail clients through the use of exemptions and implementing in-house processes in this regard
- Establishing an EIS fund for a large UK wealth manager
- Advising on the establishment of the UK family office of a prominent Qatari family
- Setting up the UK branch of a Luxembourg investment firm
- Setting up a firm facilitating royalty stream investment opportunities
News & Insights
GDPR round table for wealth and investment management community
The Wealth and Investment Management group at Charles Russell Speechlys hosted a GDPR round table breakfast discussion last week.
The Status of the Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products Regulation
The Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products Regulation was due to take effect on 31 December 2016.
A Point to Note: How the Mortgage Credit Directive affects the High Net Worth Borrower Exemption for Consumer Credit
A review of The Mortgage Credit Directive (Directive 2014/17/EU) (the MCD), which came into effect on 21 March 2016.