Jessica Arrol, Senior Associate
Jessica advises investment firms based both in the UK and offshore on UK and EU regulatory issues.
AboutJessica advises investment firms based both in the UK and offshore on UK and EU regulatory issues, with a particular focus on the retail market. Her clients include private wealth and fund managers as well as firms designing products for the UK retail sector. She also advises family offices looking to establish a presence in the UK.
Jessica has a particular focus on non-UK firms looking to provide investment services or products to UK clients, with specific expertise in relation to Swiss firms. She advises non-UK firms on how to provide services cross-border and on how to set-up in the UK where required. Jessica advises on the establishment of and the regulatory framework surrounding investment funds, focussing particularly on alternative investment funds. Jessica is increasingly involved in the structuring and launching of EIS funds and is a member of the firm’s EIS group.
Jessica is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising a multinational Swiss firm on how to provide investment services to UK retail clients through the use of exemptions and implementing in-house processes in this regard
- Establishing an EIS fund for a large UK wealth manager
- Advising on the establishment of the UK family office of a prominent Qatari family
- Setting up the UK branch of a Luxembourg investment firm
- Setting up a firm facilitating royalty stream investment opportunities
Financial Conduct Authority consults on increasing the award for the Financial Ombudsman Service
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is consulting on increasing the award limit for the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
Charles Russell Speechlys advises the founders of Charterhouse Voice & Data Plc on strategic investment by August Equity LLP
Charterhouse, is a multi-award winning provider of voice communication, data, hosting and cyber security to mid and large tier customers.
Financial mis-selling: what are your options?
Jessica Arrol and Oliver Auld assess the options available should you if you believe that you have been mis-sold an investment.