Jeffrey has an international client base with a particular focus on clients with a connection to Asia. His clients often include nationals from Asia living or with financial interests in the UK, and UK persons who have moved to Asia.
Jeffrey advises on complex international structuring, including their establishment for estate and succession planning, asset protection and personal tax mitigation. Jeffrey also specialises in UK tax planning for international clients. He advises non-UK domiciled persons moving to the UK on the structuring of their affairs to achieve tax-efficiency.
Jeffrey is ranked by Chambers High Net Worth 2021 and 2022 as a leading lawyer in China (Hong Kong). He has also been named “Next Generation Partner” in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022 and 2023 for Private Client (Tax, Trusts, Wealth Management and Contentious Probate).
Jeffrey speaks Mandarin and Cantonese, and divides his time between Singapore, Hong Kong and London. Jeffrey is admitted to practise in England and Wales, and is a Registered Foreign Lawyer in Singapore and Hong Kong.
+65 6991 6268 (SGP)
+852 2531 3409 (HKG)
+44 (0)20 7438 2161 (LDN)
- Advising on the establishment and administration of family trusts for a prominent family.
- Advising non-UK domiciled families on pre-UK immigration tax planning, including the application of the statutory residence test and the remittance basis of taxation.
- Reviewing and restructuring UK residential property holding structures and related loans.
- Advising a global bank on the setting up of bank accounts for UK resident non-UK domiciled clients.
- Advising the beneficiaries of a multi-jurisdictional contentious probate involving wills and assets in Hong Kong, People’s Republic of China, Malaysia, the British Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.