Jeffrey Lee, Registered Foreign Lawyer, Solicitor of England and Wales
Jeffrey advises individuals, families, trustees and private banks both in the UK and abroad, on taxation, trusts and estate planning.
Jeffrey has an international client base with a particular focus on clients with a connection to Asia. His clients often include nationals from Asia living or with financial interests in the UK, and UK persons who have moved to Asia.
Jeffrey specialises in tax planning for international clients. He advises non-UK domiciled persons moving to the UK on the structuring of their affairs to achieve tax-efficiency. Jeffrey also advises on complex international structuring, including their establishment for estate and succession planning, asset protection and personal tax mitigation.
Jeffrey has been named as one of eprivateclient’s “Top 35 under 35” in 2012, 2013 and 2014 and as “One to watch” in Legal Week’s Private Client Global Elite in both 2017 and 2018. He is a speaker on the international conference circuit.
Jeffrey speaks Mandarin and Cantonese, and divides his time between Hong Kong and London. Jeffrey is admitted to practise in England and Wales, and is a Registered Foreign Lawyer in Hong Kong.
- Advising non-UK domiciled families on pre-UK immigration tax planning,
- including the application of the statutory residence test.
- Advising a global bank on the setting up of bank accounts for UK resident non-UK domiciled clients.
- Advising non-UK domiciled individuals on the remittance basis of taxation.
- Reviewing and restructuring UK residential property holding structures and related loans.
- Advising the trustee on the establishment and administration of family trusts for a prominent family.
- Advising the beneficiaries of a multi-jurisdictional contentious probate involving wills and assets in Hong Kong, People’s Republic of China, Malaysia, the British Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
IBA Annual Conference 2019
The International Bar Association (IBA) heads to Seoul for its 2019 annual conference.
Charles Russell Speechlys grows Hong Kong office with promotion of Private Client specialist to Partner
Charles Russell Speechlys further grows its Hong Kong office with the promotion of Jeffrey Lee to Partner and his relocation to Hong Kong.